Nursing Assistant & Continuing Education Program Director
The Nursing Assistant Program Director portion of this position is responsible for managing the Nursing Assistant program which includes submitting documentation to the Illinois Department of Public Health, assisting with the enrollment and orientation of students, and complying with IDPH regulations. The Continuing Education portion of this position provides leadership in the event planning, coordination, and evaluation of continuing educationevents and community education activities. The Director focuses on orchestrating events in partnership with academic leaders who design educational content.
This is a twelve month position with faculty rank that includes teaching up to six credit hours in both the fall and spring semesters. The summer semester is dedicated to community programming and continuing educationevents.
• Reports to the Chair of Career Pathways and Continuing Education
• Coordinates Nursing Assistant course offerings
• Completes the Master Schedule and submit to state according to regulations
• Maintains accurate and auditable records of student attendance and performance as required by law and school policy
• Assist in upholding state and college policies and procedures
• Prepares course application forms and maintain student enrollment and test registration records
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with college staff and clinical site staff
• Develops efficient event registration and coordination of community group visits
• Partners with involved academics to develop dynamic learning event experiences
• Coordinates event logistics with Campus Security, Strategic Marketing and Community Engagement, Simulation and Clinical Affairs, and Financial Affairs and Administration as needed
• Hosts events and groups on campus
• Works with Federal Work Study Students, student groups, and student leaders to participate in events as needed
• Serve as the Primary Nurse Planner managing continuing education units through Ohio Nursing Association (ONA)
• Serve on planning committee at the Regional Nursing Conference and manage the continuing education units
• Other duties as assigned by the Chair
Must possess a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Nursing. Must be a registered nurse licensed in Illinois. Must have completed the Train the Trainer Basic Nurse Aide Training Program within the last five years that includes the Approved Evaluator and Alzheimer’s courses.
Required: Two years of teaching experience.
Preferred: Experience coordinating trainings, events, and conferences.
Requisition ID 2017-37375