The Finance Director is responsible for all financial activities related to the NA OE Ride Performance (shock) business unit. Organizationally, the Controller has a solid-line reporting relationship to the VP Controller of Ride Performance and a dotted line to the VP and General Manager, NA OE ride control. Direct reports includes operational controller, financial analysts and a shared FPA team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as an integral member of the NA OE shock strategic business unit (SBU) management team, providing input and guidance on all matters, especially related to financial performance. Being the main business partner to the VP and GM NARC.
- Play a key role in the development of the strategic plan - ensuring that strategies combine to meet the financial objectives of the SBU. Guides general managers in decision making process
- Champion the development of the AOP ensuring a tight link with the strategic plan and ensuring that the AOP is sufficiently detailed for every function to understand its financial targets
- For reporting, oversee all monthly and periodic reporting requirements to Tenneco Corporate and NA OE management, including financial statements, forecasts and analysis For financial planning and analysis, oversee the planning and analysis of the statements for profit and loss, the balance sheet, cash flow and EVA
- Ensure adherence to Corporate & Divisional internal control procedures, SOX compliance and reporting requirements for the region. Enforces compliance with all controls, policies and procedures.
- For general accounting, oversee all accounting activities which are not managed by Tenneco corporate accounting
- For manufacturing finance, provide guidance to site controllers on policies and procedures, ensures adequate internal controls, and coordinates manufacturing profitability analysis efforts
- Control all capital expenditures within the SBU including forecasting, appropriation-request preparation, project justification, approval process and expenditure timing
- Participate in the redesign and roll-out of key business processes in the SBU
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or accounting
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience
- Prior management experience, including management of multi-site financial activities
- Significant experience with financial information systems
- Outstanding project management and communication skills
- MBA or CPA
- Experience with managing financial teams in Canada and Mexico
- Knowledge of SAP
Job Location Monroe, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 178664-846