Dev Ops Engineer III
Assess, design, develop enterprise continuous integration/delivery framework enabling enterprise-wide adoption of DevOps. Work with the project team members and have the direct interaction with various client and vendor resources to maintain client application release and source code including all source code that is, or will be, implemented in a production environment; scripts that install, configure, or monitor any applications in production environments; and application configuration information.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Automate the build and deployment of an n-tier enterprise system application with multiple underlying technologies (Java, Oracle, informatica, TIBCO, Salesforce) and technology frameworks in an interop environment.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, or a similar configuration management tool.
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language such as Ruby (preferred), Python, or Java.
- DevOps background, including automation.
- Technical proficiency in SVN (Subversion), GIT, Jenkins, Maven, and artifact repository tools (Nexus, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of general source control concepts: branching, merging, tagging, and labels.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments.
- Ability to work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.