Our client, an international food manufacturer of flavored syrups, fruit toppings and fillings is seeking a junior Food Scientist to add onto their R&D team. The idea candidate will have demonstrated successes with cross functional team members and knowledge of new materials, processes and equipment.
The objective for the Jr. Food Scientist will be the ability to plan and execute projects in a fast paced food manufacturing environment in support of the company’s innovation process.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· BS Degree in Food Science
· Minimum 2year’s work experience in food science/R&D role
· Experience with flavored syrups or fruit toppings/jellies/fillings
· Is a highly creative and passionate problem solver
· Customer facing experience with the ability to effectively communicate technical information both written and verbally
· Demonstrated success to work independently with supervision
· High attention to detail
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Is energetic and thrives in a fast paced work environment
· Interact with internal teams from manufacturing, engineer, and quality to ensure product formulations, processes and specifications meet defined standards.
· Conduct experimentation using designed approach to validate formulations and processes at the bench and pilot scale before entering production.
· Propose and formulate innovative products, processes, and technologies.
· Document and draw conclusions/next steps from experimental results or production trials.
· Organize and complete shelf life studies of owned projects and formulations.
· Continued studies on new materials, processes and equipment to enhance technical understanding.
Salary range: $75,000-$80,000, Full medical benefits, 401K and more!