Requisition Number: 173388
Responsible for managing the customer order entry process and/or customer inventory for assigned group of customers (which would include international and/or domestic military customers). Focused on customer satisfaction-responsiveness and flexibility in resolving customer order issues within general business SOPs. This includes daily interaction with customers and internal customers including Plant Operations, Logistics, International Accounting, International Sales, etc
1. Manages customer service for assigned customers and achieves agreed Company goal of customer service providing the main point of contact for International sales transactions. This also involves communication with appropriate government officials (ie. USDA) and/or non-government officials (ie. USAPEEEC).
2. Manages customer orders for specified customer ensuring timely entry orders, correct pricing, plant or warehouse inventory supply, and cost effective transportation. Keeps all parties involved for any problem resolution. Escalates customer issues to appropriate Manager.
3. Works closely with other members of the Supply Chain organization such as Demand Planning, Sales Managers, and Logistics. This includes determining the appropriate monthly breakdown by product code for our sized whole leg program, as well as, monitoring production/ trends daily and identifying issues with any specific product code. If any issues are found with production, it is critical to make all allowable adjustments on pending orders, inform the customers or, as a last resort, roll order(s) to a later week.
4. Makes visits to key customers and/or entertain key customers either oversees or on homeland. This may involve travel to freezers, freight forwarders and food shows as well. Travel expected to be 2-3 week periods two times per year.
5. Monitors and controls frozen inventory to obtain goal requirement (balancing production/supply with customer demands). Reporting on such information is often needed and having appropriate spreadsheet skills for example is key.
6. Prepares overview of business activities, presentations, and other reports as needed. Assist with sales as directed by management due to specific and ongoing needs by management. Specifically, this role carries with it sales related duties and a need to maintain regular correspondence with customers based on ongoing direction from management. It is also imperative to respond to customers/ our business partners on a timely basis with a detailed reply. If more time is needed to provide such a reply then, it is important to advise of that person of same. Keeping in mind that our customers are located throughout the world and not always able to correspond with us on a real-time basis.
7. Responsible for accurate and timely documentation such as sales contracts, customer/freezer advises, proforma invoices, health/Halal certificates, etc.
8. Responsible for new customer setup process from start to finish, following up and through with all involved parties to guarantee quickest completion. Responsible for understanding the process, procedures and implications in detail. Identify and make revisions as needed.
9. Develops thorough understanding of entire logistics scheme from plant to customer and take ownership and responsibility on her/his orders until product transfers into customer’s ownership.
10. Understands, manages and reports timely on freight discrepancies for his/her orders.
11. Manages pending orders to schedule and ship as much as possible every week, within customer expectations. Alert responsible sales manager and account servicing and logistics manager for orders approaching a shipment deadline. Work with them to resolve any issues preventing shipment.
12. Works closely with credit and accounting departments to ensure claims, freight discrepancies, credit and debit memos are handled correctly.
13. Responsible for daily communication and resolution of issues with freezers, freight forwarder, customers.
Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience in Sales or Business Administration plus 3 years related work experience. Strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills are required. Requires a deep knowledge and understanding of assigned customers, good working knowledge of all processes within the Supply Chain (sales, marketing, forecasting, production planning, manufacturing and distribution), ability to negotiate, manage conflict and develop consensus with internal customers and team, and must have good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint). Travel required.
Experience with SAP is preferred.