The Manager, Business Development and Capture will be responsible for the development of client account planning and capture planning Tier 1 clients in the Transit and Rail Global Business Line. This role includes support of growth goals and implementation of marketing activities specific to Gannett Fleming’s Transit and Rail Global Business Line which operates across North America and Globally leading Gannett Fleming’s portfolio of Transit and Rail Clients.
The successful candidate will have 15 or more years of progressive business development and capture planning experience and understand the complete marketing lifecycle/continuum; be a self-starter able to develop and maintain focus on strategic marketing objectives; and possess well-developed interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills. The individual must be persistent, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
Because the candidatewill work with all types and levels of people, tact and enthusiasm are hallmarks of this position. Must have supervisory level experience, preferably with employees in multiple locations and areas of expertise.
- Market Research: Research best markets (services and geographies) that Gannett Fleming should be in as well as expand in based on demographics and Gannett Fleming characteristics. Assist Business Unit Managers in determining gaps and ways to fill gaps to allow successful penetration/expansion.
- Market Strategy Planning: lead the planning, development, and execution of the GBL’s major business segments’ external marketing and business development plans. With Business Line Leaders, determine key issues and markets for each Business Unit in the GBL and the most effective means of penetration.
- Strategic Market Planning: Develop strategic marketing plans based on TR GBL Strategy and Business Plan. Working withother members of the capture team, conceptualize, develop, and execute all aspects of marketing plan including firm positioning, differentiation, public relations, and all aspects of a Thought Leadership program including conferences. Develop and execute strategic marketing communications maintaining the high-quality identity requirements and standards.
- Project Management: Manage key research and marketing projects (identify/clarify objectives; scope requirements; develop approach; identify both internal/external resources; develop cost estimates; and prepare timeline to meet major milestones).
Capture Planning and Proposal Management:
Capture Planning and Pursuit Development: Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices for the lifecycle of pursuits, including, but not limited to, the early identification of opportunities, ‘go-no go’ analysis and justification, client analysis and understanding, value proposition development, proposal leadership and guidance of supporting staff, and excellent written communication skills.
Business Network: Have an understanding of the Transit and Rail Professional services market and established network of industry contacts, including teaming partners, clients, associations, and contractors. Work in a dynamic setting, enabling proactive teaming arrangements in the pursuit of key projects. Lead workshops to develop differentiation strategies for teaming and ultimately project wins.
- Business Network: Have an understanding of the Transit and Rail Professional services market and established network of industry contacts, including teaming partners, clients, associations, and contractors. Work in a dynamic setting, enabling proactive teaming arrangements in the pursuit of key projects. Lead workshops to develop differentiation strategies for teaming and ultimately project wins.
- Manage, coach and facilitate proposal team activities from pursuit decision stage through post-submittal stage working in partnership with the leadership teams and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, English or related filed.
- Must have 15years’ experience in market research, market planning, business planning, business analysis, and competitive i ntelligence.
- Experience in A/E industry required with market experience in Transit and Rail including familiarity with industry groups including APTA and AREMA.
- Must have supervisory level experience, preferably with employees in multiple locations.
- Proficient in MS office suite.
- Proficient in accessing information from the Internet and using a variety of search engines and information databases.
- Must maintain a proactive, positive, professional and creative approach to business and people, with the ability to listen effectively and communicate clearly and completely in written and oral presentations.
- Must be proficient in interpreting/manipulating financial data.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.