Job Description : PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global technology leader driving growth and innovation in the Human and Environmental Health markets to improve the quality of life. The company is a leader in the production of analytical instrumentation used in many facets of the laboratory.
Material Characterization Field Application Specialist
The Material Characterization Field Application Specialist (MatChar FAS) will team with assignedSales Specialists to achievesales goals by providing technical and application support for FTIR, UV/VIS/NIR, UV/VIS, Fluorescence and Thermal Analysisproduct lines. This position will be based in the Northeast US. The MatChar FAS is the key technical support person for theSalesSpecialists and customers in the territory providing:
- Technical product presentations (to individual prospects and seminar audiences)
- Customer demonstrations
- Analyze customer samples,generate professional reports and present results
- Propose best solutions for customers’ analytical requirements
- Assist in training customers and application implementation.
- Provide ongoing feedback to MatChar Product Line Leaders and Product Manager’s on market needs, emerging applications, Product Line performance and competitive landscape.
Job Requirements : Requirements:
- 5 plus years in the Material Characterization field, including FTIR, UV/VIS/NIR, Fluorescence spectroscopy and Thermal Analysis field preferred.
- Applicant must have a thorough working knowledge of FTIR, UV/VIS, Fluorescence and Thermal Analysis, including sample preparation requirements.
- Experience with UV/VIS/NIR in the Optical coatings and semiconductor industry preferred.
- PhD [preferred] or Bachelor or Masters with 5 to 10 years of experience.
- A mix of scientific expertise and customer focus with excellent communication skills are a required.
- Travel requirement can be as much as 50%.
Environment and Benefits
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan, Company car for professional and personal use, cell phone, laptop computer, job training and professional development, comprehensive benefits package, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement plan, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, professional working environment that fosters career growth.