Responsible for all aspects of Region package gas sales, hardgoods sales, cylinder production, Distribution and back office and on shared basis bulk gas sales. Reports directly to Senior Vice President Packaged Division.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division''s goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
1. Establish and sustain high level of safety performance and regulatory compliance.
2. Drive profitable growth of the Region business.
3. Develop roadmap for continuous improvement in safety & compliance, sales growth, production and distribution cost reduction, asset management, product quality and reliability and reliability.
4. Develop territory and Region sales strategies in support of Matheson Strategy.
5. Upgrade organization capabilities through training and recruiting for higher skills and competencies.
6. Identify best practice and technology to gain competitive advantage and share across the organization.
7. Support Sales Representatives in new business activities, contract negotiations, and general Customer relations.
8. Coordinate and manage communication and support between Region and MTG management.
9. Report Region activity timely to MTG management.
10. Shared accountability for collections.
Computer skills include MS Work, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
BS Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred) or Business Administration (MBA preferred). Conceptual understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications and equipment. Significant training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA) Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing practices. Ten years or more industrial gas business. Three years or more in package gas operations and two or more package gas sales. Personnel Management of geographically dispersed field operations and/or significant multi-function operation