This position is responsible for the project management of assigned projects/tasks/deliverables in the PennWell Marketing Solutions group. The Project Manager works closely with customers on projects, keeping them apprised of milestones, deadlines, and approval process.
- Project management of assigned projects/tasks/deliverables.
- Works closely with customers on projects, keeping them apprised of milestones, deadlines, and approval process.
- Ensures projects are completed on-time, of good quality, and clients are satisfied with the deliverable(s).
- Ensures projects are on scope and on budget.
- Tracks progress and assigns tasks via project management software. Utilizes external and internal resources for assignment of tasks.
- Trains customers on CMS administration via phone, GoToMeeting and/or in-person.
- Provides written instruction manuals on software, as needed, to customers.
- Acts as a medium between customers and the design/development team, passing along feedback, information, data and any other necessary communication.
- Presenting creative concepts and revisions to customers. Gathering detailed notes to provide to design and development team.
- Appropriately communicates client and project information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Gathers deliverables specs from multiple publishers, vendors, production teams to supply to the design and development team.
- Setup, maintenance and deployment of various email campaigns via Sales Force and Pardot
- At least two years’ experience managing projects using project management software.
- Experience writing project specification documents that are web related.
- Knowledge of website development (understanding of SEO, website structure, functionality, best practices, trends, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with the technical/development team and translate that to layperson explanations for clients.
- HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience with marketing automation platforms a plus.
- Agency experience a huge plus.