Production Supervisor - Portland, OR
Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is Headquartered in Portland, Oregon and employees more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is the world leader in structural investment castings, forged components, and airfoil castings for aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. Airbus, Boeing, GE, Rolls-Royce, and many other leading manufacturers depend on us for critical airframe, engine, power generation, medical, and general industrial components. With few exceptions, every aircraft in the sky flies with parts made by PCC.
PCC has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%. Due to our long-term success, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. in February 2016. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Structurals Inc.
PCC Structurals, Inc. is a division of Precision Castparts, and also Headquartered in Portland, Oregon. PCC Structurals Division operates 12 facilities in the United States including Oregon, Nevada, California, Utah, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Florida as well as a facility in France. We are committed to providing customers with industry-leading products and high-quality service.
We exercise a single-minded focus on people, profit, and performance. PCC Structurals specializes in nickel-based superalloy, titanium, stainless steel, and aluminum investment castings for aerospace, land-based turbine, medical, military armament, and many other applications. Our division's emphasis on high-quality, low-cost, and timely delivery has enabled it to become the leading supplier of structural investment castings worldwide.
- PCC Structurals makes the largest investment castings in the world in Titanium, Steel, and Super-alloy (up to 2 meters).
- We serve the biggest players in the Aerospace industry: GE, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, and Snecma.
- In addition to aero-engine and airframe components, we create medical prosthetics, power generation components, nuclear power plant components, Formula 1 parts, parts for renewable energy applications, railroad car components, parts for military vehicles, UAV components, and missile parts.
The Structurals Division is run by leaders who when faced with problems choose to see it, solve it, drive it and own it. We are smart and resourceful team players who are committed to winning daily. We are completely comfortable challenging upwards, focused on finding innovative solutions and able to roll up our shirt sleeves and operate tactically, yet think strategically.
Production Supervisor - Portland, OR
Responsible for the direct supervision of up to 80 focus-factory/process production employees, maximizing safety, quality, variable cost, individual and plant-wide productivity, and technical skill development to insure on-time shipments and customer satisfaction. This position reports to either a production Manager II or Area Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieving daily, monthly, weekly and quarterly Flex and TOC goals. Includes but not limited to: ESH, Productivity, Overtime Management, Supplies, Repairs, Throughput, and VC/ESH
- Lead Cost Reduction, Yield Improvement, Productivity Improvements, Cycle Time improvement, On Time Delivery Improvements, Adherence to Budget, and other Department Improvement Initiatives
- Support the development and application of programs that will promote long-term continuous improvement consistent with the operating objectives of the department. (Examples: Suggestion program, 5’S program, etc.…)
- Actively participate in succession planning for personal growth as well as development of staff.
- Works with support departments to ensure that all production methods and practices are consistent with internal quality standards, customer requirements, and the AS9100 program.
- Assists Planners/Schedulers when needed to properly schedule manufacturing operations within their focus-factory/process.
- Analyzes, establishes, and communicates performance standards for their focus-factory/process.
- Plans, organizes and supervises shift operation in accordance with production schedules and requirements of immediate supervisor in the most effective manner. Maintains total awareness of policies and procedures and assures compliance by assigned employees.
- Ensures that target earned hours are attained and budget criteria is met or beat.
- Control the flow of product, materials and labor utilization in their focus-factory/process to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality, inventory and throughput targets.
- Insures alignment among department employees on department goals and objectives by leading daily employee team meetings and soliciting employee feedback needed to remove performance obstacles and improve the work environment.
- Leads the team in developing and implementing effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements and on-time delivery to the customer requirements.
- Documents all department functions and reviews/maintains the daily Time and Attendance recordkeeping system for their focus-factory/process.
- Ensures that scrap collection in their focus-factory/process is being properly controlled and disposed.
- Effectively collaborates with engineering and quality to achieve scrap, cost and safety requirements; maintaining and proactively managing process improvement pipeline for areas of responsibility.
- Provide effective leadership and act in a manner that maintains a positive and productive work environment with customers, clients and co-workers.
- Analyze variable labor costs daily and determine requiredstaffing levels and support labor re-allocation across manufacturing as required.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the My Idea program for their assigned focus-factory/process.
- Plans and supports cross training to ensure the elimination of all skill gaps, resulting in a more skilled and adaptable workforce. Ensures the completion of required competency forms and certifications, as well as maintains an employee skill matrix.
- Administers policies and procedures as required.
- Must exhibit the leadership ability to get operational results, work well with people, communicate effectively; uphold all mandatory safety guidelines; and develop people in an environment that fosters change
- Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply PCC budgeting process and financial management tools.
- Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of and ability to understand and apply the PCC planning process.
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply the PCC manufacturing processes in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply “lean”, “TOC”, “interference management” and “NEI” processes in areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated record of developing strong working relationships in a team environment
- Ability to arrange multiple priorities and work with several organizational levels
- Ability to work through problems and develop appropriate successful solutions
- Results driven, with the ability to thrive in high performance manufacturing environment
- Cost, quality, and delivery conscious mindset
- Strong customer orientation
- Four-yeardegree (technical preferred), with 5-7 years manufacturing experience.
- High school plus college level courses or equivalent training in manufacturing, accounting, mathematics and statistics or equivalent experiencerequired.
Health and life insurance • Supplemental life insurance • Flexible Spending Accounts • Short- and long-term disability coverage • Sick Leave Benefits • Employee Assistance Program • 401(k) Plan with company match • Health and Fitness Club Reimbursement Program • Tuition assistance • Paid vacations and holidays