The Wealth Management Lending Officer (WMLO) continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships and relationships with assigned Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors that serves as recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. The WMLO is aligned to a group of Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors within a Merrill Lynch Market. A WMLOs network may consist of Real Estate professionals, Builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Wealth Management Lending Officers regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations. The WMLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from their aligned Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors. The WMLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The WMLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
- Demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals
- Verifiable, established network of referral business including Real Estate professionals and other centers of influence
- Five years’ experience in banking with solid credit experience. Minimum of 1 year residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business
- Strong background in the credit solutions (lending) area, ranging from standard to custom mortgage products and from margin and other securities-based lending to more complex and innovative secured by various collateral types
- Demonstrated results in delivering credit products to an affluent / UHNW client base
- Significant experience building relationships with clients
- Series 7 and 63 licensing is not required but may be maintained permissively
- Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Enthusiasm for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences. Professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Consultative skills; able to ask critical questions to identify opportunities
- Creative thinker who maintains positive outlook and promotes teamwork
- Must demonstrate comprehensive financial planning capabilities through assessing needs, identifying opportunities, and recommending financial solutions
- Proven ability to prospect for banking debt and liquidity opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field experience.
Job number: 17062016