Humana’s dream is to help our members and our own associates achieve lifelong well-being. Use your clinical experience to work with patients and providers in a nontraditional environment where your knowledge will make a difference. Our associates know their work is vitally important; we strive to ensure we provide perfect service with one-on-one member interactions as a coach, personal nurse, or clinical advisor. Humana’s Perfect Service means getting the basics done right, delivering value and quality, providing guidance on needs, and being engaged with our members. We want to help our members make the right choices to live life fully. We begin that process by connecting our members with an associate who cares. Assignment Capsule The EAP On-Site Consultant at Humana Inc. provides assessment, referral, and short-term counseling on various EAP issues toassociates and their family members. S/he conducts a comprehensive professional assessment, including assessing for safety, substance abuse, and domestic violence. The Consultant isresponsible for managing management referrals and mandatory referrals, including providing consultation and guidance to managers, as well as Human Resources. The EAP Consultant will deliver training programs forassociates and managers that address an array of topics, to include stress and resilience, behavior change and workplace concerns. In addition, the Consultant may provide Critical Incident Response (CIR) involving conducting group and 1:1 support sessions after a traumatic incident, such as the death of an employee or a workplace violence incidence. In this role you will:
- Provide in-person assessment and referral and brief- solution-focused counseling.
- Assist with the disposition with clients experiencing an emergency situation.
- Document all case activity in Humana’s electronic clinical platform.
- Assists in the administration of the charitable fund offered by the Humana for its associates that includes processing applications related to this program.
- In certain circumstances, it may be required that the EAP Consultant responds to critical Incidents in the workplace and facilitates post traumatic incident adaptation.
- Ability to effectively interact with a team of staff and network providers and to foster positive relationships with human resource and management contacts.
- Ability to deliver engaging trainings and seminars both face to face and via the web
- Ability to effectively communicate and to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Master’s level degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other applicable field
- Applicable State licensure in field of study and licensed for independent clinical practice
- 5-10 years or more of work experience in applicable field
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Experience providing management consultation
- Experience developing and delivering trainings
- Excellent verbal, communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage large audiences
- Excellent computer skills and technological ability while having experience working with multiple systems simultaneously
- Ability to conduct formal and informal presentations to employer based groups and to appropriately represent EAP at gatherings such as health fairs and open enrollment activities
- CEAP Preferred
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Bilingual (English/Spanish); speaking, reading, writing, interpreting and explaining documents in Spanish
Reporting Relationships You will report to a Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.