Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL 60661
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field.
· Some prior related work experiencepreferred but not required. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
· Ability to effectively present information to supervisors and finance management.
· Requires knowledge of basic financial terms, concepts and accounting principles.
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
· Computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Strong work ethic and adaptable.
· Working under minimal supervision, conducts and documents simple to moderate standard financial analysis and ad hoc finance projects.
· Aids organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project control.
· Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc.
· Recommends actions that may be taken to improve financial results.
· Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
· Assists in preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
· Retrieves and organizes data into requiredreporting formats to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
· Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness. Performs other duties as assigned.
· No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
· Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to co-workers.
· May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
· Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
· Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.