- Lead group of scientists, research associates to complete project goals within established timeline.
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment as an integral member of a highly skilled, cross-functional team pushing the boundaries of chemistry, biology, software, engineering and genetics.
- Enable research resulting in invention, characterization and commercialization of novel sequencing workflows and chemistries under IVD-compliant, industrial development timelines and processes.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in molecular biology, chemistry, or biochemistry.
- Demonstrated expertise in optimizing and troubleshooting complex biological processes.
- Prior experience with Next-Generation Sequencing sample preparation, enrichment and amplification required.
- Prior experience in team leadership and product launch.
- Experience in an industrial research setting strongly requested.
- Research productivity demonstrated by a track record of patents and/or publications.
- Excellent written and oral communication of research results.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to thrive in a multi-discipline research environment.
- The successful candidate must be motivated, creative, and have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and can work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #: 7996