Social Support Program Manager – Consumer Services
San Mateo, CA
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation! We seek a Social Support Program Manager with great communication skills, significant social support experience, and a passion for delivering outstanding customer service. This results-driven role will work closely with the Manager of Social Support and a collaborative, cross-functional team within PlayStation Consumer Services. The Social Support Program Manager will play a key role in coordinating efforts to monitor and improve the online support experiences of PlayStation community members, product owners, and service subscribers. If this is you, pleaseapply!
- Define, execute, measure, and optimize social media operational programs and tactics to support overall business goals and priorities within Consumer Services.
- Manage day-to-day social media activities, such as updating an editorial calendar across multiple social media accounts, monitoring forum activity, and escalating issues internally as needed. Champion social customer needs in internal discussions.
- Be a subject matter expert in social media best practices, to ensure we design and execute best-in-class programs, consumer communications, and community support.
- Coordinate social care efforts across in-house and outsourced teams, and assist with training and mentoring of new or less experienced team members.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on social support issues and team performance. Provide timely status updates on current issues as requested.
- Maintain and expand our community volunteer program to increase crowdsourced support efforts.
- Deep understanding of social customer care principles, with experience providing support through Twitter, Facebook, forums, and/or other sites.
- Analytical and data-driven approach to planning and decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, keen attention to detail, and superb time management skills a must.
- Ability to make objective, timely decisions in fast-paced situations, and react with appropriate urgency when issues arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Social Media Support, Customer Support, Community Management or a related field, including at least 2 years maintaining a successful social media presence in a business context.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Prior experience with team leadership or project management.
- Familiarity with PlayStation products, services, and community culture.
- Industry experience in video games, entertainment, telecommunications, or related fields.