Technical Business Analyst, Senior
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are seeking an energic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! The team will deliver a 3 to 5 year enterprise wide, global AML transformation program. The Technical Business Analyst Senior will work with both business and development resources to design and document solutions to meet the business need. The incumbent will display technical supportleadership for resolving hardware/software problems and enhancing system applications. Includes analyzing business and user needs, reviewing business requirements, translating them into proper systems requirement specifications and configuring thesystem itself.
1. Independently support the implementation of business applications to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes analyzing business and user needs, reviewing business requirements, translating them into proper systems requirement specifications and configuring the system itself.
2. Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement technical solutions to business problems.
3. Leads in the systems implementation process by defining system enhancements, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation and providing post-implementation support.
4. Provide business support to all units globally, including new and existing portfolios, ad hoc queries and MIS, and assisting withthe design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Education and Other Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of technical business analysis experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the IT industry, with at least two in the software development field
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred