Edelman Digital is the digital advisory and integrated marketing arm of the world’s largest communications marketing firm. Our global staff, in over 65 offices worldwide, is built to manage the complexity of modern marketing and online reputation, using a data-driven social-first storytelling approach designed to deliver real-time business results.
We believe in exploring future-forward technology to advance the stories we tell. The output of our work delivers experiences that transform culture, reputation and relationships to inspire real-world action between brands and consumers.
Edelman is in search of a daring, transformative digital leader accountable for creating, driving, and implementing profound transformation and best-in-class digital work for our clients.
This leader will have oversight of our digital practice including strategy, creative, paid media, influencer marketing, digital analytics and tech/development and will be responsible for driving culture, sourcing the best talent and ultimately, growing revenue at a more rapid pace.
As the GM of Edelman Digital Chicago, you will be an integral part of the Chicago leadership team. You will be charged with growing your practice, introducing and organizing new talent and expertise and introducing clients to the power of Edelman Digital. You will have expertise in new and emerging technology and understand how to apply these technologies to our creative work.
Edelman Digital is truly an integrated marketing consultancy. The results we’ve delivered for our clients have been the driver of our rapid growth. Today, Edelman has more than one thousand digital specialists globally.
Our efforts in social media alone have given us the opportunity to reach more than 250 million people through the management of more 850 communities. We’re inspired by this growth and the excitement and challenges of an always evolving digital.
Some of the Responsibilities for the General Manager, Digital
As the primary area of ownership, the Chicago General Manager of EdelmanDigital will grow, manage and protect Edelman’sdigital business in Chicago.
This also includes strengthening Edelman’s brand as adigital thought leader in the market and identifying and winning newdigitally led client opportunities. Fundamental areas of accountability include the following:
- Digital Practice Growth: Identifying, cultivating and closing new clients to add to our digital roster;
- Digital Practice Development & Management: lead a team of digital specialists to ensure delivery of quality work that advances client priorities;
- Serve as guide, counselor and advisor as it relates to industry knowledge and build sense of community across offices specific to digital practice;
- Digital Practice Accountability: oversee seamless delivery of the digital work product across Chicago through effective planning, coordination, communication and staffing.
- Prospecting & New Business: Partner with Account Services and the Business Development team to generate growth from digital opportunities (through both organic and new logo pursuits);
- Practice Partnership & Network Visibility: serve as a connection point for Chicago to U.S. counterparts, specifically escalating good work up and cascading learnings down and across the Chicago office;
- Executive Client Sponsorship: oversee a book of business with a mix of digital and traditional PR;
- Actively support/guide office-specific prospecting and white space development as it relates to the digital practice;
- Serve as first point of contact for relevant new business pursuits, partnering with relevant GMs or appointed lead;
- Serve as senior advisor role on all large-scale new business pursuits.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Candidate should have 15 -20years of agency experience in advertising, digital or an integrated agency with at least 6 years in a leadership role with a minimum of 8years team leadership experience;
- Proven track record of pitches won, bringing in new clients and revenue to the network;
- Inspiring team leader who is collaborative, energized and excited about the teams growth and success;
- Experience managing P&L; driving organic and incremental growth, profitably;
- Maintain A+ client relationships with complex global companies and brands across industries, including CPG, corporate reputation and healthcare;
- Visionary in the digital marketing space who knows how to demonstrate the value of integrated marketing to our clients as well as internal stakeholders;
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful social media marketing and communications programs; paid, organic, SEO/SEM activation; analytic benchmarks;
- Unmatched energy and competitive spirit… a tireless desire to win.
General Manager, Edelman Digital - (172079).