Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Creating Human Factors Certification plans
* Maintaining and championing a focus on sound Human Factors and Human Machine Interface principles.
* Providing Human Factors expertise and guidance in internal and customer technical discussions.
* Interacting with customers to define/capture requirements, and translating operational concepts into system level requirements and designs.
* Participating in new feature design via requirements capture, design development, validation, and documentation.
* Preparing and delivering Human Factors related technical briefings to customers and upper management.
* Providing assessment of pilot workload throughout an avionics program’s lifecycle.
* Interfacing collectively with, and support, system and subsystem engineers, architects, TPMs and domain engineers through requirements capture, functional & integration testing, and delivery support.
* Creating and maintenance of Human Factors related certification support documents relating to AC25.1302, AC25.1322, AC25.11A, among others.
*Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Preference will be given for a degree in Human Factors, Human Machine / Computer Interaction, Aviation Psychology, or Systems Engineering.
*Experience in Human Factors, Human Machine / Computer Interaction, or Aviation Psychology.
*Experience in avionics system development, system level certification / validation, interfaces, and certification processes.
* Previous experience with FAA / TC / EASA / JCAB certification.
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes and requirements and design capture tools including JAMA, DOORS, and ClearQuest.
* Familiarity with SAE ARP-4754A.
* Strong teamwork orientation skills and a willingness to act as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively with engineering, leadership, and customers.
* Effective time management and ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
A successful candidate may possess:
* Commercial Pilotexperience is desired.
* Knowledge of Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion® and/or experience in avionics applications on a variety of aircraft.
* Certification experience with AC/AMC 25.1302 and AC/AMC 25.1322.