Responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of budgets / forecasts and monthly financial statements (compliant with GAAP) for multiple residential development projects throughout the U.S.
- Assist in underwriting / modeling new acquisition opportunities
- Assist with the preparation of project-level business plans; specifically, by generating financial models that evaluate various execution strategies
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial processes and controls necessary to successfully support the business, maximize opportunities and manage risk
- Perform various accounting tasks such as general ledger review and maintenance, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management
- Coordinate with tax consultants and outside auditors
- Responsible for all human resource administration, including payroll and benefits as well as assisting with risk management
Our client is an entrepreneurial real estate investment, management and development firm in Newton, MA. The firm invests nationally across multiple asset classes including multifamily, land, hotel, and office.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- A well-organized individual who is disciplined in the oversight of details while maintaining the big picture perspective
- Self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over all accounting-related maters
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in public accounting and/or in the financial industry as an assistant controller, controller or Financial Manager (real estate / land development experience preferred but not required)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance from an accredited institution (CPA and/or Advanced Degree preferred)
- Proficient with Excel and accounting software systems in a job cost environment (Great Plains preferred)