Allied Reliability Group is looking for experienced industrial professionals to fill a Production Operations Manager role with a large, Fortune 500, manufacturere in Salt Lake City, UT!
Supervision – 30%
- Direct the Production team in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with agreed to business plan. The Production Team consists of 1st shift Production Supervisor , 2nd shift Production Supervisor , and Maintenance Supervisor and indirect hourly reports in Production,Maintenance and Quality Control.
- Plan the use of facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future production requirements including department budgets and guidelines, plant layout and improvement, and capital and expenditure programs.
- Manage the Production departments with the appropriate communications of goals, performance feedback, corrective actions, rewards and recognition to provide optimum teammate relations.
- Evaluate team needs as needed, i.e., staffing levels, equipment or tools and provide support by removing barriers for improvement and progress.
- Facilitate and manage project teams
- Training and development of career path planning for all teammates.
- Lead, mentor and facilitate leaders in developing and planning of production and personnel
- Develop the continuous improvement plan and facilitate the meetings with Production team, prioritize team activities.
LEAN Manufacturing/Production – 25%
- Learn, teach and drive the LEAN Manufacturing System through Genba.
- Maintain and improve product income levels through waste reduction, cost reduction, Kaizen events and cost improvement plans.
- Identify and record any problems relating to product, process and quality systems. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through Production team and designated channels.
- Have the authority and responsibility to ensure that processes / machinery utilized in the manufacturing process and the verification process are capable of meeting both customer and quality plan expectations.
- Oversee production process while ensuring teams are focused on producing product of the highest quality in a safe and effective manner.
- Lead and Teach teammates primarily through implementation of continuous improvement thinking principles and practices.
- Drive continuous improvement through application of a variety of tools: TPM, Value Stream Management, LEAN diagnosis/strategy and objective setting, Kanban, SMED, team problem solving, Kaizen, etc.
- Coordinates the Plant 5-S, Asset Sustainability, PSM and Standards driven Process programs in all departments.
Quality – 20%
- Develop and/or evaluate programs designed to improve the manufacturing performance in Quality.
- Provide, implement and administer quality assurance and engineering control functions to ensure product reliability and conformance to customer specifications in the most effective and economical manner possible.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process and quality management systems.
- Control further processing, delivery or installations of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing quality system requirements.
- Define, document, maintain and continuously improve, if required, the plant’s quality policy relevant to plant’s goals and expectations and the needs of its customers.
Cost – 15%
- Establishes Production objectives to achieve goals. Reviews overall operations, analyzing schedules and production output with Production team to ensure goals are attained.
- Recommends introduction, elimination or improvement of processes to increase effectiveness of business unit operations.
- Reviews direct/indirect labor and allowance costs to reduce unnecessary expenditures.
- Reviews overhead charges to reduce unnecessary expenditures.
Safety & Housekeeping – 10%
- Drive Safety through the proper use of machines, tools and equipment, appraise technological developments, investigate, feasibility of new equipment and techniques, and prepare dependable cost estimates for changes in manufacturing methods.
- Develop and/or evaluate programs designed to improve the manufacturing performance in Safety.
- Review Housekeeping expectations with Production team to ensure departments are maintained thereby minimizing injuries, waste and scrap.
Bachelor’s degreeEngineering or Business Management
4-7 Years Mfg experience in a mid level leadership role
7-10 years broad manufacturing experience
Lean Mfg/Six Sigma certificate and/or 3 years CI experience