Industry: Manufacturing / Diversified•
5 - 7 years
Posted 365 days agoby Kevin Meyers
Manufacturing Engineering Manager - 1
Gaffney, SC 29340
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager leads our team of process engineers in the support of our compression molding and automated assembly operations. KPIs include OEE, through put, scrap reduction, labor efficiency, and of course, safety. As a contract manufacturer, Core Molding does not do product design. The focus of this role is to support overall operational efficiency and profitability. Some capital project management will be required, but 80% of the Mfg. Engineering Manager's time will be spent on the floor and in the processes. Product launch experience in the automotive (or heavy truck, marine, or con/ag) supplier industry and lean manufacturing skills are required in this role
1. Selection, training, development and management of facility’s technical team
2. Improving OEE performance (uptime, throughput, scrap)
3. Capital project planning and execution
4. Provide manufacturing support to SMC, Molding, and Assembly Departments
5. Identify and drive continuous improvement projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
2. 5+ years of engineering leadership experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
3. Demonstrated progressive track record of engineering leadership accomplishments
4. Strong working knowledge of manufacturing process and tooling, ideally in molding and automotive assembly operations
5. Expertise with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Root Cause Analysis
6. Expert in APQP and Launch Activities to include FMEAs and Control Plans
7. Present Salary?
8. Salary Expectation?
9. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
10. Current Address?