Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
The IT Technical Systems Senior Analyst will join a strong technically diverse team with responsibility for managing the enterprise servers, storage and infrastructure. This team is responsible for all aspects of the company’s customer facing, internal and disaster recovery systems over multiple locations. Additionally this team is required to design and plan the various environments to account for changes in our SaaS offerings with capacity for growth of the organization.
This person is accountable for making a sound impact and contributing to the stability, resiliency and general health of the Windows environments. This role requires excellent technical knowledge of enterprise server, storage and networking technologies dealing with current industry standards. The ideal candidate should have a passion for solving complex technical problems until full resolution. This person must be driven with a strong capacity to quickly adapt to a challenging pace of work and aptitude for learning new technologies. The ability to handle multiple projects, operating within a large range of technologies, simultaneously and on schedule, while continuing to manage daily responsibilities. The successful candidate will be willing to take on tasks outside of their knowledgebase; be detail-oriented; be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally in technical and non-technical language to an array of cross-functional teams. The successful candidate must be an effective team player to help foster a fun positive work environment.
Other duties/responsibilities include:
- Problem determination and resolution.
- Networking and firewall administration.
- Wireless network administration.
- VoIP and telecom support.
- Performing on call duties as required.
- Performance monitoring and proactive correction of problems before they occur.
- Partner with peers and management to make informed and sound strategic decisions.
- Perform day-to-day general IT related administration tasks.
- Providing second level support for the client community.
- Performance tuning.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Perform proactive maintenance.
5 to 8 years in a corporate IT environment, with hands-on experience including:
- Windows System Administration.
- Network Management.
- Storage Management.
- System Performance Analysis and Optimization.
- VMware Administration.
- 4-year degree in technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Training/Certifications a plus
Job ID 2017-6386