Distributor Manager - Field Sales / BD - Mining
Blue Line Talent is looking for an accomplished Distributor Manager for a large equipment services organization in the mining industry. We seek a Distributor Manager with strong field salespreferably managing third party distribution relationships in mining equipment. This is a direct hire opportunity with excellent benefits in the Denver, Colorado area and supporting the Rockies region.
About the Client:
• A large global engineering company.
• Benefits include comprehensive healthcare, generous 401(k), and bonus plan.
Location: Denver, Colorado area (or a proximate regional location near a major airport)
Position Title: Distributor Manager - Field Sales/BD
• Responsible for sales and sales growth, business development and implementation of the distribution management program and related strategies for distributors in regional territory.
• Pursue sales growth of the distributionproductportfolio via implementation of the company distribution management program.
• Use jointly developed Business Plans and related Activity Plans as the major tools for business discussion and business development planning of assigned distributors.
• Assist in the evaluation, recruitment, and appointment process of new distributors.
• Participate in the formulation and implementation of remedial actions with existing distributors.
• Monitor and evaluate sales and distribution trends for the different products, carrying out market analysis to identify potential, opportunities, and variances.
• Report and maintain status of all Sales Opportunities via Sales Force database.
• Quantify, understand, and report Lost Sales activity via Sales Force so that company and the distributors may develop commercial responses to reverse same.
• Actively promote company systems, engineering and equipment capabilities at all assigned distribution partners and end users.
• Participate in selected key account relationships, support and collaborative programs as assigned and directed by the DirectorDistributionSales
• Travelwithdistribution field sales people to supportselling efforts, monitor distributionsales management processes and measure distribution resource competencies. Take corrective actions as required.
• Provide regular forecasts for key products.
• Develop a clear understanding of territory-distributor activity and end customer needs. Effectively communicate and document this information to management and product line personnel.
• Liaise with the distribution mgt. support team and product line support functions to ensure timely, effective technical support, training, trouble shooting and distributor development programs.
• Ensure all Company and distributor field related activities in the assigned territory focus on delivery of exceptional service, and up-to dateproduct knowledge
• Work with the market area management and product line support functions to secure a solid business development agenda for the assigned distributors.
• Direct the business agenda toward growth of services and capital equipment sales and positive margin development for the Company and the assigned distribution partners.
• Work with the distributionsupport team and market area marketing team to develop effective marketing strategies, plans, and programs to maximize creation of new business opportunities.
• Provide formal market intelligence re competitive pricing and sales activity to the market area mgt. and product lines.
• Build long-term collaborative relationships with distributor principals, senior executives, technical and sales personnel.
• Take responsibility/accountability for distribution partner satisfaction and problem resolution.
• Travel up to ~75%.
• BS degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering, or equivalent.
• 10+ years experience in field sales, preferably managing third party distribution relationships.
• Experience in managing complex matrix relationships
• Clear understanding of and experience in sales of services (aftermarket) products and capital equipment
• Familiarity with the broad range of mining construction equipment, spares, wears, consumable products and associated services.
• An understanding of distributors and related end user businesses, their decision making processes, and operating principles.
• A strong understanding of core processes of the aggregate industry and contractor customer segments.
• Ability to travel to 75%
• Stable record of direct employment
• MBA or mastersdegree in an applicable subject.
• Experience in mining plant maintenance, planning, and project management in the mining industry.
• Experience in mining equipment maintenance, repair, upgrades, and operation.
• Experiencewith mining equipment - crushing, mills, grinding, linings, screening, etc.
• Can work from any US locationwithin commuting distance to a major airport
• Local candidates preferred (can reside in Denver or another major city in the region)
• Some relocation assistance can be available
• Not available for Corp-to-Corp, no third parties please