At BMC the Outside Sales Representative is defined by the three Es: efficient operations, effective sales, excellent service. Building relationships is the cornerstone of sales success - our reps secure new business to increase our market share and drive value. With total focus on new and existing accounts, they tend these relationships with the superior customer experience that is the hallmark of BMC.
- Maintains and grows existing customer base through effective full scope sales management techniques including prospecting, account qualifying, sales development, quoting and customer follow-up to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Formulates accurate and complete project specific customer information ranging from regular site visits, plan review and in- depth customer discussions to enable correct product and product application.
- Implements customer specific pricing partnering with inside sales support, operations team and vendor resources to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
- Offers full scope services, product upgrades and extended product lines optimizing customer account penetration and customer objectives.
- Educates customers and internal team on new products, services, industry trends and effective installation.
- Regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability to balance account viability verses future time efforts.
- Updates and maintains customer specific information within company systems. Ensures accurate account, customer details and contact information available to management and support teams.
- Actively participates in A/R (credit) reviews and customer aging issues to ensure timely account collections.
- Develops and implements full scope account plans; producing an individualized account strategy to maintain, penetrate and grow customer accounts.
- Schedules regular customer touch bases and account reviews to gather service level feedback, optimize account penetration and ensure exceeding of expectations.
- Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback; including service level feedback, pricing, competition and market developments to Market Leadership.
- Effectively communicates with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
- Minimum education required: Bachelors in Business Management, Marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated management experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and analysis, ability to estimate from blueprints as well as strong sales and marketing skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
- MS Office and Computer literate.
- Minimum experience required: 5 years sales experience in building materials supply.