Our Story Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies. Role Purpose The Paid Search Account Manager is accountable for successfully managing Paid Search campaigns for enterprise level clients. This team member works under the direction of the Director, Paid Search and in coordination with a variety of cross-functional team members. The primary responsibilities in this role is to be the go-to resource for our clients, successfully lead the day to day strategic management of complex and sophisticated Search campaigns; direct, motivate, and mentor the account team; and act as the central hub of collaboration and problem solving across various departments/resources…all the while delivering against aggressive client objectives. A successful person in this role is smart, ambitious, willing to roll-up their sleeves, and won’t stop until the goal is achieved. We’re seeking intelligent people who can passionately represent Merkle | IMPAQT, develop the strategy behind category defining Search programs, ensure superior service delivery to our clients and engage in a manner that ensures a trusting and lasting relationship. Key Responsibilities Search Campaign Management:
- Perform day-to-day campaign activities for enterprise level Paid Search (PPC) campaigns, including: bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing, campaign expansion, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for the client, internal departments, and third party providers; Guided by your Director, Paid Search, you will spearhead collaboration, facilitate discussions, planning, and project management
- Contribute to the development and execution of market strategies for Paid Search campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights
Analysis, Thought Leadership & Communication:
- Employ analytical reasoning, data analysis, and problem solving skills to effectively and efficiently manage campaigns. Professionally communicate findings to the client, regardless of the medium (in person, PowerPoint, email, etc)
- Demonstrate thought leadership and professional communication skills by developing and delivering client facing materials, such as presentations, Point of Views, business cases, and performance reports
- Utilize business acumen to work closely with client teams to identify and fully understand business needs, campaign performance objectives, and opportunities to grow the relationship
- We recognize many of the above mentioned areas may be an area of growth opportunity for you, therefore you will receive guidance from your Director, but you will be expected to demonstrate rapid growth in these core functions to be successful in your role
Teamwork & Project Management:
- Provide proactive mentorship of Search Specialists supporting accounts; effectively communicating task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth in their core functional areas or responsibilities
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, on-line marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings…often on the fly at the client’s request
- Work comfortably in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace; Must manage expectations and priorities
Key Skills and Experience Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Business Experience:
- More than 4years of Paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) experience, preferably on the Agency side
- Capable of successfully leading mid-tier accounts, spending in excess of $2-5M annually) with limited oversight
- You’re next to flawless when it comes to day-to-day campaign execution
- Ideally you have some experience beyond just the two major Search Engines – we often work with GDN, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- You have a passion for SEM. Your water-cooler conversations start with “Did you see that article on Search Engine Land?”
- Comprehensive data analysis and problem solving skills; able to draw conclusions and with guidance, you are able to devise strategic recommendations based on findings
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, Vlookups, and chart building. Working knowledge of Visual Basic macros is a plus.
- Additional SEM software skills a plus (e.g. Tableau, Hitwise, etc.)
- You know when to self-solve vs. when to seek guidance, and aren’t afraid to ask for direction from the experts that surround you
- You’re well organized, able to balance client timelines and business needs, possibly across multiple clients
- You’re enthusiastic for identifying time-saving solutions. You often ask, “How can we automate this?”
Communication & People:
- You are mindful of audience and tone. You’re comfortable presenting to senior-level client contacts. Your emails are professional and concise. You easily tailor your messaging – whether in-person, via email, PowerPoint, etc) – with your audience’s expectations and subject-matter knowledge in mind.
- You’re energetic, and the epitome of “team player”. The range of people you’ll work with is as diverse as the SEM industry itself. You’ll likely interface with not just clients and your immediate team; but also with client partners, vendor reps, cross-functional members of our Analytics, Data Management, and Strategy teams.
- You enjoy directing and mentoring team members, even if you don’t directly manage them