Provides confidential one-on-one management consulting services to new and established small businesses throughout Crawford County. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
- Assists small businesses in areas of business planning, financial projections, record keeping, accounting, sources of financing, starting a new business, advertising, market research, financial statements, operational and management planning.
- Provides training to business owners and start-up entrepreneurs through seminars sponsored by SBDC or as guest speaker for outside organizations.
- Reviews intake requests for consulting and evaluate needs of client and develop appropriate plans of action as requested by Director.
- Reviews client files on regular basis to assure cases are processed in accordance with program guidelines and that cases are fully documented for hours expended and work accomplished.
- Develops and maintains contacts in the banking community as well as economic development agencies.
- Sustains the Crawford County business consulting network with private and public sector partners.
- Partners with the Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County to build a productive referral process for clients, educational programs, and research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope and responsibility and requirements of the job.
Contact With Others
Internal: Has regular contact with faculty, administrators, staff, and Gannon interns and graduate students.
External: Has regular contact with regional businesses and entrepreneurs.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is required. An M.B.A., C.P.A. or other advanced business degree preferred.
Experience: Five years of business consulting or previous related experience in the private sector required.
Required Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; considerable knowledge of accounting, financial statement analysis, finance and marketing; computer skills in Microsoft software, spreadsheets, and internet research; ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities.
Licenses or Certifications: A valid driver's license with a good driving history is required.
University Mission: Must be able to support and promote the University's Mission.
Must be able to meet the physical demands associated with a busy office and be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work is performed in a busy office setting. Travel is required.