Based in Warren, OH, the Design for Manufacturing Engineer IV will be responsible for, but not limited to, performing the manufacturing engineering tasks necessary to efficiently manufacture quality products and maximize productivity through the creation or enhancement of equipment or processes to ensure total customer satisfaction. Manufacturing engineers direct and coordinate the processes for making things - from the beginning to the end. As businesses try to make products better and at less cost, it turns to manufacturing engineers to find out how. Manufacturing engineers work with all aspects of manufacturing from production control to materials handling to automation.
- Analyze and improve all existing equipment, processes, and designs as required
- Create manufacturing documentation to support existing processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements
- Train the engineering technicians and other manufacturing personnel on the production floor on new processes or equipment.
- Design and implement processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects
- Design small fixtures and tooling
- Participate in cost reduction and cost of quality programs
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Assist Design Engineering with prototyping of new or modified products
- Support production and development of new products through independent review, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, and defect prevention
- Conduct process capability studies, design experiments, conduct studies and analyze to ensure products meet requirements
- Must have extensive background in Design for Manufacturing (DfM) best practices in a high mix, low volume international environment.
- Must have experience with Engineered to Order (ETO) electromechanical assembly and subsequent manufacturing process designs
- Must have a background in printed circuit board assembly manufacturing and Design for Test methodology
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to fully define project scope, deliverables and team requirements as well as execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
- Working knowledge of at most all SBU product lines, with detailed knowledge of 2 or more SBU product lines.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
Education & Experience Requested
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
- 8 or more years of experience
- Multi-lingual is a plus