MasTec – Utility Services activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: electrical distribution, telecommunications, and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering to join our dynamic Team in Cary, NC area to lead our engineering teams across the country.
The Director of Engineering supports the Executive Director and has full responsibility and authority for managing and coordinating regional engineering groups. The Director of Engineering will provide leadership and regional oversight functions by managing, coordinating and developing MasTec personnel and third party engineering sub-contractors. The Director of Engineering will operate with significant independence as the principal engineering representative and will meet regularly with senior management of the organization and customers. The ideal candidate will be able to work cooperatively with other business units and customer representatives and will set the standards for customer service management, engineering design and delivery, planning, scheduling, quality control and all supporting functions necessary to deliver a quality product. Candidates should have significant experience in electrical distribution utility construction field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting Client needs, business objectives and design guidelines;
· Establishes and oversees implementation of engineering standards.
· Oversees engineering and business operations of regional engineering offices.
· Manages employee training and development programs for engineering functions.
· In cooperation with the Executive Director, develops program and annual budget for regional capital expenditures;
· Works with Executive Director to ensure engineering operations comply with applicable laws and standards.
· Monitors progress, provides financial control and ensure the quality of projects;
· Makes presentations to senior management;
· Responsible for hiring, management and development of all senior staff.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering;
· Registration as a Professional Engineer with the ability to be licensed in multiple states;
· Demonstrated experience in the design of electrical distribution systems for utility providers;
· A minimum of 10 years’ related work experience;
· Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing is essential;
· Excellent customer service and analytical skills are necessary ;
· Intense attention to details;
· Must exhibit strong initiate and desire to achieve results and exceed expectations;
· Must have demonstrated ability to manage complexity and be organizationally and politically astute;
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate diverse groups of people;
· Demonstrated ability to manage staff and a strong understanding of the entire corporate utility infrastructure functions from planning to delivery;
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.