The Modernization Sales and Support Manager can be based out of any Midwest District branch. Main branches are: Milwaukee, Chicago, Appleton, Minneapolis, and Cedar Rapids.
Position is responsible for assisting the local sales resources and management in any activities necessary to promote the sale and support of modernization and the development of CRS services specializing in the application of Konecranes technologies and products. *Responsible for maintaining on-going training necessary to remain current on all Konecranes heavy component application resources, including software, price books, delivery logistics, etc.
* Assisting the field organization in the development of leads to sale. Including helping write specifications, field visits, conceptual discussions, etc. as deemed necessary to develop solutions for customers that ultimately lead to a sale.
* Offer recommendations and assist in the development and marketing of pre-packaged modernizations of Konecranes equipment.
* Regularly train and educate the field sales and management organizations on Konecranes solutions, modernization ideas, product features and benefits, sales arguments, etc.
* Responsible for assisting the District Management in setting the annual budgets for Modernization sales and identifying actions to assist these goals.
* Develop lines of communication/resources in other areas of the company and assist as the communication link between the in-house engineering resources of Konecranes and the local needs.
* Responsible for monthly submittal of the Region's modernization quotation, sales, key prospects and hot offers.
* Travel as necessary to support the local branches in the sales process upon request.
* Travel as required to Houston, Finland, or other areas to attend training or meetings at the request of Management.
* Assist in the communication and documentation of warranty claims and issues with respect to components sourced for modernizations.
* Review and make recommendations on contract documents, scopes of supply and sales documents prior to submittal up the organization for projects deemed as SP22M and SP27.
* Assist the field organization on any negotiations or resolution of issues that may develop upon request of management.
* At the request of Management, provide field support and supervision for major projects and modernization activities. For major projects, may be assigned to assume the role of project manager and will direct and oversee all operations of field activities.
* Responsible for the growth initiatives, management and operational aspects of "CRS" resources and activities (including its separable and individual aspects) within the territory assigned. Assisting the local branch resources on proper scope, sales activities, presentations and ultimately project management of this specialty service.
EDUCATION: 4 yeardegree in engineering is preferred and/or equivalent experience in the crane industry to be capable to suggest, design and evaluate solutions to customer's issues on process equipment.
EXPERIENCE: Should have 5 or more years technical experience with cranes.
REQUIREMENTS: Good driving record, willingness and ability to climb and work at heights, willingness to travel extensively, excellent presentation, sales, technical writing and communication skills.
Konecranes is a global leader in the manufacturing and service of industrial overhead cranes and lifting equipment. For over 80 years, we've been dedicated to improving safety and productivity of businesses in all types of industries, including manufacturing and process industries, nuclear and renewable energy, shipyards, ports and terminals. Our strength comes from our continuous commitment to provide equipment and service that people can trust, accompanied by innovative technologies designed to improve performance, reliability and safety in every part of business operations that involve heavy lifting. We look to hire customer-oriented people who thrive on learning and problem solving in a fast paced environment. In return, we offer a good salary with highlycompetitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and tenure-based contributions, tuition reimbursement, life & disability insurance, vacation and other leave programs and opportunities for both formal and on the job training.
Our People and Commitment
Our people are not only committed to helping our customers lift their businesses, but each other as well. Establishing meaningful relationships and collaborating with each other, with customers, and with our distributors, empowers our employees to achieve success. The passion our employees have to make a difference and enhance the quality of the lives of those around them is what makes our people unique.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Wome
Req Number: 72609