The Application System Programmer is responsible for the design and maintenance of a designated group of business system applications. The individual in this position will perform analysis and programming associated with the development of new applications as well as analysis and programming associated with the maintenance, modifications, and enhancements of existing computer applications and systems used across the industries that OnePartner serves. The individual in this position will communicate effectively with assigned departments, management, clients, and third-party vendors to lead efforts to continuously improve and/or enhance applications/systems and support current and/or future systems. The Application Systems Programmer consults with other members of the Applications Team to assist with clarifying program objectives as well as provides assistance in the formulation of procedures and best practices for users of applications. This position works closely with other members of the Applications Team and reports to the IT Project Manager.
• Understand, learn and extend software systems, underlying infrastructure requirements and software design for software programs/systems that are used in client business operations on a day to day basis.
• Enhance applications by coding software improvements such as feature development, database design and system integrations that support client business needs.
• Evaluates and modifies applications programs including encoding, testing, debugging and documentation
• Reports project risks to Project Manager
• Designs, creates, and executes applications tests that prove applications perform as required
• Documents the result of testing and measures the effectiveness of test cases
• Monitors the performance of applications and responds quickly to any reported issues
• Troubleshoots and diagnosis performance issues with existing applications
• Coordinates the analysis of reported defects and the corrective actions
• Coordinates the delivery of technical assistance to clients and third party vendors
• Responsible for updating applications for any new or existing security vulnerabilities identified.
• Responsible for periodically upgrading software/hardware to the latest versions working with the Applications Team
• Participates in project planning activities
• Produces accurate estimates of the work required to accomplish assigned tasks
• Creates work plans that outline steps required to complete assigned tasks
• Creates and maintains system deployment plans
• Works with the applications team to complete well-organized deployments of software updates
• Performs system verification to ensure deployments are successful
• Responsible for resolving quickly any problem that arises during deployment.
• Provides post deployment support
• Work alongside Infrastructure Team and Application Team for changes that affect access and/or functions within systems/applications and to become knowledgeable/be able to support hardware that applications are running on.
• Assist with troubleshooting Tier 2 and Tier 3 issues that are communicated via Help Desk tickets.
• Automate daily maintenance tasks that are needed to maintain correct data/information in systems that OnePartner supports.
• Communicate system changes with other members of the applications team that might have adverse effects on OnePartner clients.
• Consult with system users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives
• Document to describe program development, logic and corrections as necessary
• Fulfill multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management, and on-going support of all OnePartner client systems
• Collaborate with users and other IT teams to maintain, develop and deploy the best solutions to ensure high level of customer service
• Responsible for successful project delivery and customer satisfaction
• Prioritize, plan and coordinate activities across various initiatives
• Track progress of projects and maintenance activities and report to supervisor
• Be available to support, trouble shoot, implement, and/or launch initiatives at all hours including but not limited to normal business hours
• Individual will be required to take after hours call support on a predetermined after-hours call rotation schedule
• Ensure to raise all issues to the appropriate level
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• AS/BS in Computer Science or related field required
• Experience with MS-SQL, IIS, N-Tier Application design desired
• Experience with SAML, CCOW, HL7, FHIR or X12 desired
• Must be proficient in Standard Office Applications
• Must be proficient in understanding of networking fundamentals (VPNs, IPs, and ports etc.)
• Demonstrated project management leadership, with ability to work in a team environment and access other technical resources (human and mechanical) as needed
• Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize own work
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Healthcare is a plus.
• Experience with Allscripts Enterprise Touch Works, Allscripts Enterprise Practice Management, Allscripts dBMotion, Orchard’s Harvest, other 3rd party Healthcare applications is a plus.
• Interfacing and EDI experience is a plus.
• 3+ years of experience in Healthcare or software development required