The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst is responsible for establishing, executing, maintaining and enforcing software quality assurance standards and measures in the IT organization.
The SQA Analyst will apply proven analytical, problem-solving and quality assurance/testing skills to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives, and ensure technology products, applications and services are delivered according to design specification, within quality management limits and industry best practices.
•Develops and Implements Software Quality Assurance for assigned projects.
- Responsible for definition, design, development and maintenance of all projects testing deliverables including, but not limited to Test Approaches, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Summaries utilizing standard industry practices.
- Coordinates and facilitates review of testing deliverables with project teams to identify potential gaps and testing risks.
- Executes various types of testing according to test plans.
- Facilitates the test planning and may participate in the execution of various other testing activities including integration testing, load testing, performance testing, volume testing, user acceptance testing, usability testing, security testing and other types of testing.
- Documents and follows up on defects identified in reviews and test execution utilizing industry standard defect management processes.
- Escalates testing issues in accordance with the defined testing methodology and/or policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and maintenance and reporting of defect metrics.
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Participates in go/no go decision making process for system implications.
•Implement Test Process Improvements
- Participate in formal or informal training on quality and testing in the organization.
- Works with business analysts, project managers, development managers, development staff and others in the organization to identify and implement quality and testing improvements for software testing in the organization.
- Identifies, recommends and implements (or facilitates the implementation of) process improvements for software testing in the organization.
- Identifies and implements testing process improvement metrics.
- Analyzes test plans, test cases and other testing deliverables to optimize system testing and test coverage.
- Keeps current on testing topics through involvement in quality/testing organizations, testing forums, books and periodicals and conferences.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for automation (home-grown and/or third party testing tools) for test management, test data, testing and other related quality tools.
- Coordinates and conducts testing tool evaluations and provides recommendation for testing tools in the organization.
•Participates in development and maintenance of test environments.
- Works with project teams and support teams to understand and identify gaps in the test environments including networking, hardware, software, applications and tools.
- Participates in validation of test environments to ensure environments are stable and ready for use.
- Recommends improvements in test environments and processes for managing and controlling test environments.
•Participates in the development and management of corporate testing assets.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and training of the testing methodology and testing process in the organization.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and training of the corporate test repository.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and training of the defect management process. - Ensures that all project testing deliverables (test plans, test cases, test scripts, etc.) are kept current in the project/testing repository.
- Ensures change control processes, practices, and guidelines are adhered to for testing assets.
- Ensures that all project testing deliverables area accessible to those who need them in the organization.
- Participates and may facilitate the development of quality assurance standards, policies, procedures and measures in the organization for new and existing software projects and applications.
Other duties as assigned
Security Roles and Responsibilities
• Human Arc’s employees are granted access to information resources in order to facilitate their responsibilities. All employees must understand and agree to their Information security roles and responsibilities before accessing any of Human Arc’s information systems. It is the responsibility of every employee to ensure the safety and confidentiality of data and systems by adhering to the organizations information security policies and immediately reporting any possible security violations.
All employees are required to read, understand, and agree to abide by Human Arc’s corporate security policies. Human Arc’s employees must only access data they are authorized to access. Depending on role designation, employees may be required to take additional role based information security training. In addition, employees must successfully complete annual security and compliance refresher training. Employees will be held accountable for violations to the security policies.
Bachelors or better.