Education Systems Technology Specialist - Health Care Education
5 - 7 years experience • Healthcare IT
Education Systems Technology Specialist - Health Care Education. Full-time. 40 hours per week.
Job Summary: Works with subject matter experts and program coordinators to identify potential applications for new and emerging instructional technologies that support an innovative educational infrastructure. Provides technical support for educational simulation operations including preparation, maintenance and repair of computerized mannequins (software and hardware), task trainers, and related multimedia peripherals.
Education / Experience: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT) or Instructional Technology with five years' experience analyzing business and performance needs and/or designing and developing learning and performance solutions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Simulator or Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic experience preferred. Experience with programming languages and relational databases preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical procedures preferred. Experience with relational database.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Certification as Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred.
- Support Learning Management Systems/curriculum management system (LCMS+, Echo360, Canvas, eWake, eval builder)
- Research and implement solutions that can improve student learning
- Student/faculty system orientation as needed
- Coordinate with IT on course/user archive and documentation
- Coordinate systems integration using LTI and other appropriate methods
- Research, develop business requirements, create documentation, and recommend new technology purchases.
- Assist annual learning technologies survey
- Assist CIR Upload and ensure Mapping is accurate and complete across all four years; ensure proper entry into the LMS
- Assist Instructional design team on authoring tools, delivery methods, and instructional media production.
- Produce a wide variety of instructional content (video, graphics, audio) based on student and faculty needs.
- Explore innovative teaching and learning technologies such as VR and gaming.
- Serve as LearningSpace support for student management, case management, SP & facilitator management, camera and recording oversight, schedule management, and access to the system
- Serve as additional support as needed for othertechnology, including but not limited to, scoping of new IT/AC/curriculum platforms, and making recommendations for implementation.
- Ensure proper use of each system by granting access, monitoring student use of the platforms, etc. Includes but not limited to Canvas, LCMS+, eWake, Med-U, Firecracker, etc.
- Serve as support for curricular events, including booth driver for simulation and video proctor for CPX.
- Serve as support for IT Student Reps (PollEverywhere setup, microphone setup, etc.)
- Video conferencing support
- Multi-media support
- Special project as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
Ability to analyze data and problem solve
Good organization skills and ability to pay attention to details
Proficient with office productivity software (Microsoft Office) and collaboration software (Microsoft SharePoint)
Project management skills
Experience with Learning Management Systems
Ability to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools
Ability to work independently and provide supervision to junior level staff
Customer service oriented
Adept at rich media technologies
Knowledge of the current literature, trends and developments in the field of instructional technology and the appropriate instructional uses in various subject areas
Considerable knowledge of computer technology, multiple hardware platforms, network architecture and cabling techniques
Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements
Ability to evaluate the performance of hardware and software and make recommendations for improvement
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments
Work Environment: Indoor office environment
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
100 lbs. maximum
Job ID: 23454