South Texas Health System (STHS) is a regional multi-hospital system that has earned a reputation for excellence in providing quality healthcare to residents of the Rio Grande Valley. STHS offers a comprehensive array of medical services, including cardiovascular, maternity and womens health, emergency and surgical care, along with specialty programs in chest pain, pediatrics, diabetes, wound care, bariatric surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery, rehabilitation and behavioral health services.
South Texas Health System has compiled a distinguished list of firsts:
- First to offer private behavioral health inpatient treatment in the Rio Grande Valley
- First neonatal surgery center in the Valley
- First designated Level III Trauma Center in Hidalgo County
- First and only freestanding hospital for children in the Rio Grande Valley
In addition to South Texas Health System, the position will have responsibility for Doctors Hospital of Laredo and Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center.
In this role, the Regional VP directs a regional group of Acute Care facilities to achieve profit and operating objectives in accordance with sound health care management practices. Essential job duties:
- Monitors and directs facility senior management activities to achieve net income goals.
- Monitors and directs the development and adherence to capital budgets for each facility.
- Selects, motivates, develops and retains senior facility management required to operate the facilities successfully.
- Conducts monthly operating reviews to control costs.
- Holds CEO's accountable for support and promotion of Service Excellence culture in their respective facilities.
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
. Ten years of hospital experience with a minimum of two to three years as a Regional leader is required.
. Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in Business, Health Administration or other closely related field.
. Comprehensive working knowledge of health care management methods, trends and practices, marketing, managed care and other facets of the financial and clinical aspects of health care management.
. Must be able to motivate, inspire, and communicate with individuals and groups.