What you will do
The Tyco Integrated Sales Manager – Fire & Sprinkler is the leader of the construction sales team in one of TycoIS' field offices. This role is responsible for building a team of highly productive sales representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, as well as the needs of our existing and potential customers. The Sales Manager – Fire & Sprinkler is responsible to drive Sales and Marketing initiatives through the territories for which they are responsible. These include business and customer development, territory management, data mining, professional presentation and product sales. Additionally, this individual is responsible for job and channel profitability, revenue per user ("RPU") growth of our customers, and retention of both customers and sales representatives. This position requires a strong, principle centered leader. Increases market penetration in local Fire domain business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base. Manages qualifications and assessing potential customers and opportunities. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all key and target accounts. Ensures the development of new business and demonstrates an understanding of the various channels in the market and how they inter-relate with the Branch business. Facilitates training and ensures support resources are in place to develop salespersons capable of selling the full scope of bundled offerings available. Analyzes the market and current business performance. Develops strategies for the local sales team consistent with Johnson Controls mission and objectives. Understands the business environment of branch markets including competition, purchasing and business trends. Partners with other branch leaders to maximize local territory account management consistent with strategic direction. Builds and fosters a team environment within and across branches. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff. Evaluates Johnson Controls’ local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues.
How you will do it
- Model and champion values. Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
- Plan, coordinate and implement sales operations. This would include business and customer development and territory management.
- Attain budgeted revenue expectations. Assure the profitability of the channel is met.
- Build and retain an effective team of sales representatives. Lead, coach and motivate team to achieve pre-established goals.
- Set sales territory expectations for each of sales representatives including customer touch expectations, as well as quota achievement. Direct territory activities of sales staff.
- Measure the activities of each sales representative to assure that their marketing activities will produce intended sales production.
- Implement and execute the company's marketing strategy and business plans.
- Work in concert with other department and business segment leaders to assure congruence with sales operations, representing the voice of the department, the customer and the interests of the sales team.
- Work with National Account Managers to secure National Account business.
What we look for
- University Degree in Engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years salesexperience, including 5 years of field sales management experience in a business to business environment, or successful management of anothersaleschannel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer organizations both at the senior executive and field level
- Functional/Technical Skills in leading a sales organization
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Conflict Management
- Learning/Change Agility
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Conflict Management
- Managerial Courage
- Managing Diversity
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
Other: Ability to travel occasionally