Ultimate Medical Academy - Clearwater, FL
The Program Director is responsible for the leadership and administration of their program. He/she is responsible for directing and overseeing all matters related to the program including: accreditation/certification; program planning/review; developing and achieving annual goals/objectives; faculty and staff hiring, supervision, training and development; and participating in the budgeting process. The Program Director also serves as liaison for UMA, both internally and externally.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously closely monitors and remain current on all regulatory requirements related to the Program.
- Collaborate with DOE/SDOE to provide vision and strategic direction of program.
- Supervise activities of faculty, Laboratory Technicians and Lead Instructors/Lab Technicians.
- Provide leadership and needed oversight on all matters related to institution and programmatic accreditation.
- Organize and lead initiatives relative to the implementation of program effectiveness plans and the improvement of ongoing retention and placement goals in the program.
- Assist with the development of program budget and expense management.
- Establish performance indicators to assess the program health and leverage information to make recommendations and changes to the program including response to industry trends, emerging issues, and employer, student and advisory board feedback.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships by providing subject expertise and serving as the academic program liaison internally and externally.
- Contribute to new program filings and development efforts; and review/sign-off on curriculum development and revisions.
- Coordinate, supervise and support any required clinical, laboratory, externship/internship, and/or residency experiencerequired in accordance with all applicable accreditation criteria and state agency regulations as needed.
- Preside over program meetings; participate and/or lead meetings, task forces and committees to represent and address academic matters. This includes but is not limited to advisory board meetings, faculty-driven curricula meetings, and policy & procedures review/revision meetings.
- Maintain a professional and technical knowledge of the program by establishing and enhancing academic and professional networks, attending conferences and workshops, participating in professional associations and staying abreast of emerging issues and trends related to the program.
- Provide overall leadership and direction and administration of program faculty.
- Build faculty hiring plans and partner with DOE/SDOE on matters related to facultyrecruitment, hiring and retention.
- Leverage faculty performance data to review and approve faculty projections and course assignments.
- Adept at using tools, resources, reports and data analytics to assess faculty performance.
- Ensure compliance, adherence and commitment to accreditation standards and requirements, institutional academic policies and procedures including but not limited to program and faculty file documentation, training, employee handbook and timely completion of evaluation instruments.
- Model ground education best practices, effective teaching techniques and a collegial, positive environment that promotes excellence in teaching and service.
- Direct all academic affairs related to advising students on matters such as studentappeals and transfer credit requests; supportstudent success strategies and promote excellence in service to students.
- Regularly assess trends in studentretention and placement, student satisfaction and student performance and use results to inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Serve as core administrative faculty member by teaching in the assigned program curricula and demonstrating expertise in laboratory and clinical setting.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department ofEducation, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Bachelordegree in, or closely related to, the program area required, masterdegreepreferred
- Relevant and current certification and/or licensure in the program of study required
- AHA ECCP Trainer certification preferred.
- Experience in education or proprietary industry is strongly preferred.
- 3-5years supervisory experiencerequired
- 5years of professionally-related experience in subject matter area required
- 3years minimum of recent teaching experience at the college level or related adult teaching role within the industry preferred.
- ExperiencewithMS office suite particularly Word, Excel required.
- CampusVue experiencepreferred.
ASSOCIATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate vision, leadership and innovative skills.
- Ability to motivate, remain positive, engage team members, and lead by example.
- Disciplined, detail and deadline oriented, flexible to rapid change.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong operational, analytical/data-driven and technical skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong conflict resolution skills and ability to work well withothers.
- Ability to demonstrate high level of critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Fair, tactful and compassionate in dealings and seen as one who is honest and forth right.
- Ability to convey a professional image and effectively represent the institution as appropriate.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Education administrative, supervisory and/or leadership: 3years
- four and/or six handed dentistry: 3years
Required licenses or certifications: