3D Sprint is 3D Systems' exclusive software for preparing and optimizing CAD data and then managing the additive manufacturing process on its plastic 3D printers. 3D Sprint provides a suite of additive manufacturing preparation, editing and management tools. With standard 3D data importers available, you can import 3D meshes and repair them, access a wide range of 3D editing tools, conduct immediate printability analysis, and take advantage of the built-in, intelligent software to optimize part placement and supports for your 3D printer.
We are looking for a hands-on Software QA Engineer with a background in CAD and/or 3D Design Application test experience. Automated testing and hands-on print testing will be active parts of this position. Familiarity with the concepts of 3D printing, CAM, robotics, and/or simulation is a plus.
- Work in a global QA team and contribute to hands-on and automated testing efforts.
- Plan test schedules and strategies in accordance with project scope and release dates
- Create and maintain quality metrics for all software releases.
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts.
- Document software defects, using defect tracking system, and report defects to development team
- Monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes
- Design, build upon and maintain test automation frameworks
- Serve as the “quality advocate” for the product
- Report projects/releases status and issues to engineering and business management
- Provide technical leadership and inspiration to other junior QA engineers
- Use of Scrum methodology and participation in all phases of the iterative process
- Track and assess new testing technologies and initiate introduction into the QA process
- · 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably in CAD or 3D Design Software environment.
- · Experience with testing all aspects of application performance including functional, memory, I/O usage, CPU and scalability
- · Excellent knowledge of the overall software development life cycle (SDLC)
- · Experience with SQA engineering standards and best practices.
- · A creative problem solver with excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software
- · Experience in successfully applying agile/scrum methodology to develop and execute software test plans including continuous integration and test-driven development.
- · Experienced with bug tracking and knowledgebase software, preferably JIRA
- · Ability to learn and work with 3D technologies and products quickly
- · Ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers across multiple teams and geographical locations
- · Highly driven, self-motivated contributor with ability to build strong, trusting relationships with other departments/teams and customers
- · Curiosity and creativity to identify new applications and uses for the product
- · Familiarity with CAD and design software packages (such as SolidWorks, ProE, Rhino or other CAD SW, Alias Studio Tools, Zbrush, 3D Coat, Maya, Max and Cinema 4D)
- · Familiarity with scripting in Python to drive automated testing
- · Familiar with concepts related to design-for-manufacturing including draft, materials, specs, process control, PLC and PDM
- · Ability to function in a highly dynamic environment
- · Familiarity with Product Design with industry experience a big plus
- · Experience in CAM, CNC, Simulation
- · Experience with 3D CAD products and 3D Design
- · 3D Printing and Mold making experience a plus
- · Experiences with 3D Scanning tools and processes a plus
- · Training experience a plus