Systems and Network Engineer I
- Posted: November 16, 2017
- Indiana, PA, USA
Work Days and Expected Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Function: Maintains the computing environment by identifying systems and network requirements; installing systems/upgrades; monitoring system and network performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sets up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
2. Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
3. Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots network infrastructure, networking hardware devices, systems and software.
4. Maintains network and system performance through monitoring and analysis, identifies performance problems; escalating identified problems to higher level engineer.
5. Assists in managing email, servers, anti-spam, virus protection, and patch management.
6. Responds, troubleshoots and resolves service requests escalated from the IT Help Desk.
7. Analyzes and documents current processes and workflows.
8. Assists in the creation of project plans and schedules.
9. Provides IT support to branches, regional offices and other locations as well as offices located at headquarters.
10. Tracks progress of special projects.
11. Contributes to identifying, assessing and minimizing project risks to ensure successful completion of projects.
12. Assists the Network Infrastructure and Operations Manager with procurement and license compliance.
13. Rotates On-Call duty as scheduled, arranges substitution if on vacation, off, or unavailable.
14. Keeps current with technology and systems through continued education.
15. Implements, supports and maintains inventory of network assets used within the infrastructure.
16. Trains the IT team members designated as the backup to this position.
17. Attains, and maintains, technology certifications assigned as relevant to designated responsibilities; such as CompTIA Network+, Security+, SANS GIAC Certifications, CCENT, and CCNA.
18. Maintains a good working relationship with bank employees in other departments. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the branch and in turn, the organization.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned in accordance with qualifications.
Operates a keypad device: 45% of the day; operates electronic equipment: 40% of the day; operates office equipment: 10% of the day; travels: 5% of the day. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, elbows, legs, lower torso and feet. Standing is required one hour per day; sitting is required6 hours per day; walking is required one hour per day. Routinely lifts 20 lbs., 2 times per day; maximum lift is 50 lbs., 2 times per day. Depending on the day, person could be working help desk and would be sitting all day. Travel kept to a minimum. Requires the use of manual dexterity skills for typing up to 40% of the business day. Must be able to focus visually near and far, specifically at close distance of 18”-20” for data entry for a period of up to 60% of the business day and for occasional travel. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Associates or better in Information Technology or related field.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
2 years:Associate's degree in an IT-related field (additional 2+ years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree).
Certification from a leading IT provider, certificate such as Cisco CCENT and CompTIA Network+
Licenses & Certifications
SANS Glbl Inf Assnc Cert
Cisco Cert Network Prof