Retirement & Institutional Services Relationship Management Consultant III
Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the highest quality services to clients, including keeping them abreast of relatedlaws and legislative changes, accountinvestment information, general economic trends and consulting on the continued suitability of the existing accounts. Support the development of new business for Retirement & Institutional Services (RIS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Stay abreast of laws, regulations, trends, trust investment philosophy and other issues that may affect the
administrative client service dynamics.
2. Develop a broad understanding and ability to effectively present our capabilities relating to defined contribution services, investment management, foundation and endowment, benefit communication, investment advisory, Health Savings Accounts, flex benefit/section 125 plans, defined benefit services, nonqualified and actuarial services.
3. Continually reevaluate client services to ensure suitability to the changing business environment.
4. Make regular client visits, as required, to optimize the relationships.
5. Actively participate in new business development activities early in the sales process to ensure the smooth and efficient transition into RIS.
6. Act as liaison between commercial bank personnel and RIS by establishing interpersonal relationships.
7. Maintain compliance with departmental policies and procedures to ensure superior service and acceptable audits and examinations.
8. Maintain good working relationships with clients, attorneys, accountants and other related professionals to enhance business opportunities.
9. Look for cross-selling opportunities within existing accounts to improve client service and bring additional revenue to RIS in order to meet revenue goals.
10. Mentor less experienced Consultants.
11. Represent BB&T in civic, government, community, banking and professional groups and associations to develop contacts and new business, promoting a positive image of BB&T.
12. Continue to pursue professional designations in related fields and maintain those already achieved.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Ten years of institutional services and/or philanthropic experience
3. Professional designation such as Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor, Certified Retirement Services Professional, and/or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist
4. Possess or currently working towards Series 65 license
5. Demonstrated ability to deal with complex situations which require sound judgment
6. Strong interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in Business or related field
2. Proven ability in delivering group presentations
3. Proven new business development skills