More information about this job
BDA brings the world’s biggest brands to life through promotional merchandise. Fortune 500 companies come to us looking to connect with their consumers on an emotional level. We create three-dimensional advertising that people invite into their homes, offices, cars and classrooms. We let people see, touch, feel, own and interact with a brand in a way no other marketing permits. It’s what we like to call the Power of Merchandise.
We give our team members the creative freedom and foster the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to champion our clients’ branding goals utilizing cutting edge ideas. Our people are our No. 1 asset, and we remain committed to making our company a great place to work for our team and family.
We take great pride in our company culture—one that inspires teamwork, fun and excellence across our organization. We’re energetic people who love what we do—churning out more than 50 million units each year for the world’s most admired brands in a fun, fast paced environment that rewards high achievement.
The Global Sourcing Project Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director Import and oversees all import orders and complex large projects. Also works closely with the China office to develop new factory sources and products. Interacts closely with sales team to develop new product categories and anticipate their needs for their clients. This person makes sure that we have the best factory source for all projects to assure that products meet all safety requirements and provides best margins. Handles critical issues as they arise from quality, timelines and delivery schedules to make sure the best product is delivered on time to meet all eventdates.
- Release correct details for vendors and negotiate with vendors for the best deal before sending quote to the US Team.
- Follow up the development of new projects, first sample and test sample.
- Prepare set-up documents with Director for new vendor being chosen further development.
- Follow up order received from US and work closely with vendor and QC inspector.
- Work with vendor and US to get the approval sample approved.
- Follow up order processing with vendor for production schedule, QA/QC inspector for in-line and final inspection.
- Resolve all delivery problems arise during the process.
- Follow up the shipment document and payment between US and vendor.
- Arrange shipment sample selected from first shipment to be shipped to US for reference/evaluation/final sign off.
- Update vendor database, new bid request report, order-processing report and shipment schedule in system.
- Multiple category expert to include management, vendor development, price negotiation, education of team and internal customers on assigned categories.
- Daily Vendor and China Office/s communications: Inquiries on new item quotations, Production supervision of current orders.
- Process of Bid Requests: utilizing BD&A Global Sourcing resources, calculating ELC (estimated landed costs), communication with BD&A sales team and/or product development.
- Issuance and maintenance of purchase orders utilizing our internal accounting system.
- Management of department-wide responsibility as directed by Director Global Sourcing. Responsibility may include Logistics, Department Communication Protocols, Specification Sample Program, Letter of Credit, Procedure Documentation, Department Training, and YODA Training etc.
- Market Global Sourcing by supplying internal sales colleagues with specification samples and sell sheets
- Maintain relationships, troubleshoot and resolve issues and conduct final negotiations with significant suppliers and agents as necessary
- Support achievement of team initiatives while driving results for specific category management.
- Work as a team with Global Sourcing, traffic services, accounting, warehouse, etc. al. to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Allow for flexibility and change within the growing department.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities. Able to prioritize effectively.
- Maintain High levels of professionalism when interacting with BD&A employees, as well as, customers.
Travel – 10 - 20%.
Financial/Budgetary Responsibility – Yes, for any outsourcing.
Strategic Planning Responsibility - No
Direct Reports – Yes. 1 – 2.
- 7 plus years work place experience related to timeline management, product development, manufacturing or importing.
- Ability to communicate clearly with vendor, buyer in U.S. and other department staff.
- Experience in hard-lines materials (wood, acrylic, plastics/inflatables, aluminum/tin, banners, print, floor mats, pole systems, tubing, to name a few) and also soft-lines (apparel, textiles, headwear, bags, etc).
- Able to bring new product development to fruition by seasonality, themes, events and understanding generational needs.
- Gant chart and timeline management.
- Knowledge of imprinted products a plus.
Job Skills & Traits
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent listening skills and conceptual understanding.
- Strong attention to detail and negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and creative.
- Supervisory experience with direct reports.
- Good PC skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Illustrator.
- High degree of work ethics and integrity.
- Proven project management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, self-organized, responsible, hard working.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills – proven ability to deal effectively with coworkers, vendors and internal customers.