The XFINITY WiFi network encompasses over 18 million access points powered by a collection of industry leading technologies. The XFINITY WiFi team comprises of developers, engineers, and testing resources whom operate in an Agile / DevOps environment. Being an Engineer on the XFINITY WiFi team involves a variety of engineering and/or development in support of our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Perform engineering and/or development activities in support of the implementation of state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and business applications in support of the XFINITY WiFi network
-Work with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements
-Assist in the creation of detailed design documents for all components of the XFINITY WiFi network
-Participate in establishing and implementing technical standards
-Assist in the development of DevOps teams and participate as necessary in L3 support role
-Lead engineering efforts in basic system administration on Linux based systems
-Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent- Engineering, Computer Science
· 5-8 years experienceas full-stack developer which includes the following:
·SKILL #2 BACK-END DEVELOPMENT (GO OR PYTHON)
·SKILL #3 RELATIONAL DATABASE EXPERIENCE (ORACLE, SQL) AND NOSQL DATABASE EXPERIENCE (COUCHBASE)
Additionally, the following skills/experience are preferred and, although not required, would help to set candidates apart from their peers:
·SKILL #4 WIFI NETWORK EXPERIENCE, NETWORK MANAGEMENT PROTOCOLS (SNMP, TR-069)
·SKILL #5 MESSAGE BROKER (RABBITMQ, KAFKA)
·SKILL #6 FAMILIAR WITH AT LEAST ONEDEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK (FLASK, FALCON, LARVA, WORDPRESS, ANGULARJS, NODEJS)
·SKILL #7 UNIX SHELL SCRIPTING
· SKILL #8 REST API