Sr Associate Software Engineer
Our programmers use the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Object Oriented Programming to provide technology solutions that address strategic opportunities for a business unit of the company. Your design, code, and problem-solving abilities will contribute to tackling some of the most complicated problems facing the transportation industry today. Our IT teams are proud, recognized leaders in transportationtechnology.
Your workload will be primarily project-based with an emphasis on encoding, testing, debugging, and documenting applications for relatively straightforward software development projects. At J.B. Hunt, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of representatives from our four operating business units.
The culture and behavior of our team is: innovative, diverse, process driven, consultative, and collaborative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES-
- With your knowledge in coding, debugging, and documenting computer applications using Object Oriented programming languages, you will create and maintain programs that increase business capability and efficiency.
- Consulting with business partners through face-to-face interaction, you will gather information needed to ensure proper execution of software requirements.
- By developing project scope and estimation skills you will learn to accurately plan project requirements and recognize opportunity costs.
- You will expand your knowledge of the ever-evolving transportation industry and our cutting edge proprietary software systems.
- You will develop the ability to diagnose systems problems independently and effectively articulate the technical solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS – Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; 24 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be proficient in the use of Object Oriented programming languages such as Java (J2EE), VB.Net, or C#.