The Content Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a content strategy for the Aeroplan brand. This includes the ongoing development and curation of content for use throughout Aeroplan’s marketing programs and the leadership of various brand initiatives (campaigns in paid, owned and earned channels) to achieve short and long term objectives.
The position requires a strong collaboration within a complex, multi-stakeholder environment. The manager must possess deep subject matter expertise in the area of content and proficiency with the various customer relationship management (CRM) and content management tools and platforms.
What will you do ?
- Leads the ongoing evolution and implementation of Aeroplan’s content strategy that contributes to the achievement of a variety of business and marketing objectives
- Manages the ongoing sourcing, development and integration of digital content throughout Aeroplan’s omnichannel environment
- Develops and implements related strategies such as monetization, translation memory and UGC automation
- Ensures freshness, accuracy and timeliness of content and optimizes through A/B testing
- Ensures content is consistent with and helps reinforce Aeroplan’s overall brand positioning, tone and manner and associated metrics
- Actively participates in CMS platform and DAM implementation and structuring (ex. taxonomy, governance)
- Leads the strategic development, implementation and execution ofcampaigns that will leverage and/or promote Aeroplan’s content in support of business objectives
- Leverages member, program and market data to determine appropriate approach/tactics, targeting strategy and communication mix
- Prepares business cases when necessary
- Performs ongoing monitoring to ensure positive KPIs and adjust for optimization
- Maintains strong working relationships with cross-functional team members, including creative production team, web development and systems managers, business partners, third party vendors, and marketing staff
- Responsible for ongoing tracking and reporting of content performance metrics with a focus on optimization/continuous improvement and test & learn
What are the criteria for success?
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and Customer Relationship management
- Previous experience with IBM Marketing Cloud and/or Adobe Marketing Cloud suites (or equivalent)
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent creative evaluation and judgment skills
- Understanding and experience with customer lifecycle management and loyalty marketing an asset
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in content management or comparable role