We Are Growing
Since our 2012 round of financing, much progress has taken place at Intarcia, including significant enhancements to our world-class manufacturing facility, the opening of our new headquarters in Boston’s Innovation Center, and the diversification of expertise on our Board of Directors and Leadership Team through new senior leaders who contribute vital new capabilities and experiences.
A key element of pride during our progress has been our ability to remain fully independent throughout our rounds of financing so that we continue to have full strategic and executional control over all aspects of our rapidly evolving business. While we are always accountable to our stakeholders, we are – and intend to remain – the driving vision and force behind our progress and our ultimate success.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Key Accounts, the Key Account Outcomes Manager (KAOM) is responsible for access and reimbursement of Intarcia products across all key payer and provider accounts within a defined geography. The KAOM will serve as the lead point of contact for all Intarcia related business to assigned accounts.
Most critically, the KAOM is responsible for understanding the distinct market dynamics within their geography for securing, and protecting the best and most profitable access for products, and ensuring their market performance. If applicable, the KAOM will also lead contracting efforts for Intarcia products for assigned accounts. In this position, the KAOM has an innate customer-driven perspective that drives the execution of the strategy and tactics. They are able to think outside the box, understanding that traditional solutions do not always solve new business challenges; while operating in an environment that is committed to behaving in an ethical and compliant manner. The KAOM will also be responsible for developing mutually beneficial relationships that align strategically to the business needs of the account and Intarcia. They will also be responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing account business plans that deliver on set business goals and objectives.
The KAOM is also responsible for working with local Intarcia colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support for accounts in a defined geography. They will lead the development and execution of pull-through objectives by strategically utilizing approved resources. Additional responsibilities include, developing local strategies through account and market insight, and providing Intarcia leadership with market and account intelligence. This role inspires passion across direct and cross-functional teams.
Key account responsibilities can include but are not limited to Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Government accounts (VA, DoD, SPAPs, Medicaid, Medicare), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Employers, Employer Coalitions, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Integrated Delivery Services (IDSs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Medical Groups (MGs), Independent Physician Associations (IPAs), Long-Term Care organizations (LTC), and supports National Account initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a set of designated key accounts within a defined geography to achieve agreed upon business objectives
• Maximize sales opportunities across the entire Intarcia portfolio
• Develop and grow business partnerships and ensure profitable formulary acceptance of Intarcia products to achieve performance goals within assigned accounts
• Analyze and understand local environment, account business, and align Intarcia priorities to create account plans that deliver results that contribute to the defined business goals and objectives
• Monitor progress in accounts and modify action plans as appropriate (monitor account contacts, plan execution, profit, value, volume growth, and market share)
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Key C-Suite and decision-makers within an account (CEO, CFO, CMO, Dir. Of Pharmacy, Dir. of Quality, Industry Relations, etc.) to ensure favorable access and reimbursement for Intarcia products and are in alignment with account plan
• Seek out opportunities for synergy and partnership to achieve mutually beneficial goals for Intarcia and the account through active and transparent account planning with stakeholders
• Understand the business landscape and engage in key local, national, and international health care issues/strategies, account issues/trends and best practices to establish credibility beyond product and therapeutic areas.
• Co-develop and manage execution of jointly developed account initiatives (holding account and Intarcia responsible for plan execution)
• If applicable, develop and manage mutually beneficial product rebate contracts with direct accounts
• Develop a strong alliance with field teams to ensure collaboration between access and pull-through initiatives
• Provide leadership to internal and external matrix teams to support strong relationships with key regional accounts
• Actively maintain open communication throughout the organization especially in regards to cross-region and cross-functional account efforts
• Review and analyze contracted product performance at the regional level and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders as appropriate
• Adhere to relevant regulatory and Intarcia compliance guidelines
• Live the Intarcia Therapeutics values
• A minimum of a B.A/B.S. required; MBA or other related advanced degree strongly preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
• A minimum of 10 years successful pharmaceutical experience.
• A minimum of 4 - 5 years successful experience in reimbursement/account management in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Industry Knowledge – proficient understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and drug distribution process (e.g. medical, pharmacy, managed care systems, etc.)
• Account Management Fundamentals – developing needs-based account plans that include managed markets, marketing, sales, strategies and tactics, articulating a high impact value proposition, broadly penetrating accounts and negotiating favorable agreements
• Communication – Ability to communicate ideas, data both verbal and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Clearly communicate overall business goals and able to translate them into team and individual goals.
• Change Management/Flexibility – Confidently approaches and leads through change that creates value for the organization
• Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze and leverage data/reports to identify trends and opportunities