Controls Engineer Summary:
The Controls Engineer applies electrical and control applications to diagnose, test and modify the electronic and electrical components on all production and plant equipment.
Controls Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve causes of electrical and mechanical malfunctions on all equipment.
- Recommends and initiates modifications or replacement of equipment, which fail to meet operating standards.
- Responsible for PLC programming.
- Assist with PFMEA analysis.
- Plans, directs and records periodic electrical analysis on the production equipment.
- Participate as a knowledge leader for Kaizen, lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for implement error proofing requirements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects.
- Provides technical support to the maintenance department when required.
- Research and implement the most cost effective replacement of electrical control parts.
- Maintain updated electrical drawings and schematics on all production and plant equipment.
- Recommends the electrical spare parts inventory for all new and existing production equipment to insure maximum machine utilization.
- Participate as TS16949 and/or ISO 14001 Internal Audits as assigned.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Five years related work experience as a Controls Engineer.
- Proven experience with PLC Programming (Allen Bradley preferred) hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and engineering.
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports.
- Ability to function & lead in a team environment & effectively communicate across various levels of the organization are a must.