Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The optimal use of the operational centres of excellence (CoE) is a primary strategic objective to achieve a streamlined, efficient and cost-effective business model for Citco Fund Services globally. As a Senior Vice President, Fund Account reporting to the Managing Director, this is a pivotal management role leading the implementation of both global and local initiatives. You must be well-versed in using key principles from global business best practices such as LeanSix Sigma, TQM, or similar.
In partnership with other Citco offices and the global technology groups, you will ensure operational excellence is achieved to the fullest extent possible through the introduction of global standardization, implementation of core business processes and the deployment of best in class migration streamlining procedures.
Alongside the Managing Director, you will be responsible for providing leadership in meeting deliverables to Hedge Fund clients and global Citco Offices. Servicing client relationships. Specific responsibilities, which may necessitate frequent travel to other CFS locations, and may be modified from time to time.
Job Duties in Brief:
- In collaboration with the Global Head of Fund Accounting establish full NAV production infrastructure within the centre’s of excellence.
- Resource/ Capacity Management: liaise with Global HR and Finance functions; responsible for control of FA budgets and FTE targets.
- Identify process and tasks to be migrated to the shared services centers, with minimal disruption to day to day business.
- Co-ordinate identified migration and growth strategy for Fund Accounting tasks in a manner that best serves CFS objectives to the Centre’s of excellence.
- Develop and review the Global Best Practice model for Fund Accounting with a view to streamlining and creating an efficient and effective process that produces quality deliverables in a cost-effective manner.
- Focusing on identifying, developing, deploying and retaining key talent for the future success of the CoE and local offices.
- Assist in coordinating the creation, development, testing and roll-out of technology applications to further streamline Fund Accounting best practice tasks.
- Quality Assurance: performing regular gap analysis and process exception review, implement remediation initiatives across those tasks identified as non-best practice.
- Working with the Strategy & Development Group, enhance and review MIS for presentation to Global Head of Fund Accounting and Client Service Managing Directors globally.
- Continuous monitoring of Key Risk Indicators for the Fund Accounting function globally
- Where applicable, and in conjunction with the Global Compliance team, ensure full compliance with specific jurisdictional Regulatory requirements
- Evaluate the viability of both current and new business proposals with an emphasis on cost, revenue, profitability.
- Establish strong collaborative business relationships at all levels to facilitate the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues
- Participate in and lead projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business.
- Bachelor or master level degree
- 8+ years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably with exposure to Product Control, Operations or Fund Accounting environments
- 3-5 years’ experience managing staff.
- Minimum of 2 years at senior management level.
- Experienced in process streamlining and migration.
- Worked using LeanSix Sigma methodology.
- Project Management exposure.
- Ability to identify efficiencies and execute procedures to implement such efficiencies.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.