Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) has an excellent opportunity for a District Sales Leader. This position reports to the District General Manager and will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the building solutions and service business within the Mid-Atlantic District (Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina & Tennessee).
Honeywell Building Solutions is a strategic business unit within Home and Building Technologies (HBT). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading provider of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Building Automation, Fire, Security and Energy Management.
As a District Sales Leader, you will be challenged to use solid business development judgment and leadership skills to lead a team to achieve the financial / non-financial goals through the implementation of sales strategies, processes and initiatives. You will utilize your experience in the building solutions industry to direct, coach, lead and mentor a sales force that provides high quality service and solutions to our customers.
This position interfaces with the District General Manager and operations/delivery leaders within the District on financials, processes and operational initiatives to ensure annual district growth objectives are achieved.
This role may sit anywhere in the state of South Carolina.
• Provide profitable and strategic sales growth, drive new customer acquisition, increase market share and retain and grow business with existing customers.
• Develop new business opportunities across lines of business with traditional and new offerings through understanding of market trends, key players in the market and next generation technologies.
• Direct/indirect leadership of direct report sales professionals.
• Responsible for achieving Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets (Orders, Rev/GM and CTP).
• Manage the staffing, performance management, goal alignment, career planning, employee development, training, salary administration, and reward and recognition processes to ensure adequate, competent, and motivated resources are available to achieve the planned results within planned costs.
• Monitor strengths and weaknesses of the value proposition and making required adjustments based on market intelligence.
• Monitor quality and integrity of the sales team.
• Leverage strength of HBT/HBS by utilizing available resources outside the District, while aligning corporate sales and marketing initiatives to district strategies.
• Must be willing to travel as necessary throughout the district including periodic overnight trips.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of HVAC, Fire, Security, or Energy business to business sales experience.
• 3 years of sales leadership experience.
• MBA or other applicable post graduate degree.
• 8 years sales & marketing experience.
• Local market knowledge.
• Consultative selling experience.
• Solid understanding of P&L and ability to build business case for sales growth investments.
• Proven experience developing and executing strategies for sales growth.
• Creative, decisive, high energy and ability to energize others.
• Excellent Negotiation Skills: Ability to understand the customer needs, negotiate complex sales and total value offerings to customers.
• Leadership Skills: Ability to define vision for the organization, rally the team around the vision, set high expectations and manages to expectations.
• Strong Coaching and Influencing Skills: Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and influence other members of leadership team without formal authority.