Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
The Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer leads the Global Finance, Treasury, Information Technology, Procurement and Facilities divisions. This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the divisions he/she is responsible for and plays a key role in setting the direction for Compassion. The incumbent collaborates with other senior leaders and sets functional strategy. This role will work with members of the Global Executive Team and Board of Directors, as well as will be a change agent in the organization. Decisions are guided by major operational strategy and Compassion's global strategic priorities.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that function's purpose is fulfilled.
- Responsible for strategic planning efforts in Finance and IT, and in support of other divisions. This includes developing long term financial strategies, capital management, budget and forecasting, and tax planning.
- Operational efficiency is an ongoing focus for this job. Ensure Compassion’s resources are fully maximized in all that we do. In order to achieve this, this person is responsible for providing actionable management reporting, cost optimization activities, expense management, cost projections/analysis, and cash/banking/foreign currency management.
- Managing financial governance and controls is critical in this leadership role. Responsible for external financialreporting, ensuring financialreporting compliance (across multiple countries and jurisdictions), auditing results, regulatory reporting, and tax compliance.
- Lead a team that provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal performance. Manage global cash flow and forecasting.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both Compassion’s strategy and operational performance.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with strategic plan. Provide oversight for the treasury function and major investments and contracts, and represent Compassion with State, Federal, and non US governmental agencies.
- Oversee the IT organization’s strategic planning, organizational management, financial management, and project governance.
- Provide leadership and vision for the development and use of information systems, resources and technologies that support our organizational needs and leverage cross functional leadership to enable the optimization and automation of the operations of Compassion.
- Oversee the Procurement and Facilities divisions and ensure activities and strategies are consistent to support the mission vision and direction. Anticipate long term facilities needs and oversees major capital expansion projects as needed.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable country, federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and taxreporting. Establish strategy and policy, ensuring that Compassion adheres to sound financial principles in its global activities, recordkeeping, and reporting. Work with internal and external auditors.
- Direct, through subordinate leadership, accounting and related staff responsible to serve internal customers, answering financialreporting questions, explaining accounting principles, advising on proper recording of transactions, and informing others of financial policies and procedures. This includes partnering in problem-solving for both procedural and technical issues.
- Select, manage and develop assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance. Support continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ten years relevant work experiencerequired to enable the individual to be able to successfully perform the job as listed.
- Experience leading a global finance organization
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant is preferred but not required