Will work as a developer on the GeoIPS System. The Geolocated Information Processing System (GeoIPS) is a Linux based Python software package which takes raw satellite meteorology data and allows a user to easily specify a geographic area and apply meteorological algorithms creating imagery products. Assistance is needed in developing new routines to enhance and expand existing system capabilities.
Specifically, work will involve expanding the capabilities of an initial framework to develop new data readers able to interrogate datasets from additional satellites and sensors and convert to GeoIps format. Will be working as a member of a 4 person development team.
- 5 yrs experience Python Programming.
- 2 yrs experience ingesting and manipulating large scientific data sets in various formats using Python.
- Proficiency with programming in the Linux environment.
- Secret Clearance
- Experience working with Remotely Sensed (Satellite) data
- Experience working with Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) models.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.