Customer Project Manager - Federal Accounts
HPE Global Shared Delivery is looking for highly qualified and motivated candidates for a Federal Customer Project Manager position, who will support a dynamic Federal customer involving projects in an HPE High Performance Computing environment.
As the Project Manager (PM), you will lead the Customer engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing Customer projects. In addition, you will manage the Customer and third-party vendor efforts to plan, sell, and implement solutions to customer problems. You will be responsible for business as well as team management.
- You will work from the customer’s site on a daily basis.
- Position is based in Salt Lake City, UT. No relocation assistance available.
- Overnight travel is expected to be minimal, though some limited amount may be required, based on the needs of the business.
If you currently hold a Federal TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly, that is a significant plus.
If you currently hold an active Federal security clearance of some kind, that is desirable. If you do not currently hold a TS/SCI Full Scope Poly clearance, you will be required to successfully undergo the process and attain one.
You will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations oversight, as well as independently driving and owning all project elevations and escalations to completion. You will conduct regular face-to-face client service delivery meetings to review customer account issues, address concerns, and discuss process improvement initiatives which are in scope.
You will function as the Operational focal point between the Customer and the Service Delivery team to include installation, resource scheduling, and maintenance support issues with Customer Service Manager. You will develop documented processes and review within the service delivery team for efficiencies for compliance to this and additional projects regarding installations, hardware and software entitlements, etc..
You will also:
- manage multiple projects simultaneously
- actively pursue further Data Center Care offerings for the customer, and
- maintain strong interaction with project Account Support Managers (ASMs) to coordinate proactive measures and hardware updates
Additional duties include:
- Managing very large, complex, high risk customer projects in the High Performance Computing (HPC) arena
- Coordinating and integrating the work efforts and deliverables of a very large, multi-function, multi-vendor project team
- Managing projects with aggressive but achievable client deadlines
- Delivering projects affecting multiple customer division
- Working on complex projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Managing stakeholder relationships, project support team members, and third party vendors to ensure scope and customer satisfaction levels are met
- Monitoring system performance and trends via reporting
- Managing pre-sales project / initiatives that benefit from being technical in HPC servers, storage products, and concepts
- Project managing both small and large projects
- Tracking orders such as Software licenses, purchase orders (POs), and 3rd party vendor orders
- Planning and managing hardware builds and implementations
- Acting as a conduit between Sales and Global Shared Delivery (GSD)
- Makes use of and contributes to the company's Program Management (PM) Professions community
- Other duties as assigned
HPE Pointnext: exceptional people supporting business technology in action. Pointnext is made up of talented professionals who bring the technical insight, process excellence, and resource flexibility to help customers drive business outcomes through optimization of their data centers and other technology operations. At Pointnext, we know relationships and people matter--and our people and our services create a powerhouse solution designed to solve our customers' most challenging IT problems.
At HPE, people are our strategic advantage. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the “right mindset” means being:
- Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
- Curious — our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
- Tenacious — our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
Current active Federal security clearance strongly preferred. TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Poly clearance is a plus.
If not currently held, the ability / willingness to undergo the process and successfully attain TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Poly clearance is required.
Education and Experience Required
- ·Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- 7+ years data center experience, including familiarity with infrastructure equipment involved, daily operations, and service delivery concepts
- Without a Bachelor's (or higher level) degree, an additional 2 years’ experience, for a total of 9+ years' experience in IT project management
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to manage 6-10 projects simultaneously and lead a teamExperience in IT project management highly desired
- Technically oriented with Linux solutions as it relates to HPC systems and hardware
- Red Hat experience a plus
- Experience with HPC Clusters to include HPE Rack Cooling systems, installations, and maintenance preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in forecasting / budgeting
- Organizational skills
- Experience in case analysis for purpose of customer review and potential improvement
- Ability and willingness to conduct overnight business travel as required
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), hardworking, and willing to do whatever it takes to meet customer expectations and the demands of the business
- Able to write technical / management proposal text
- Customer-facing experience.
Job ID 1012654