The world's Leading manufacturer of electrical distribution transformers, located in Laurel, MS is seeking a mainframe programmer for its Laurel, MS location.
• Mainframe experience
• Previous job experience with PL/I, JCL, CICS with BMS map sets, COBOL, RPG, VSE is a plus
• Knowledge of data storage file types: Sequential, VSAM, MSSQL
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and engage productively on multiple projects in various stages of development simultaneously.
• Ability to manage entire application development projects throughout product life cycle.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical teams including engineers, programmers, testers, QA team, and documentation and support staff.
• Ability to develop project requirements and schedules and communicate them effectively to management.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field of study from an accredited university
• Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Procedural Programming Languages
• Competent in analysis and design, coding, testing and debugging programs
Howard Industries offers excellent pay, commensurate with experience. Benefits for eligible employees include paid employee health and life insurance, paid vacation, holiday pay and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer Vet/Disabled